or Connect

Posts by etete

I have an XP comp that for many years has been dedicated to nothing but capturing TS's (HD & SD) through firewire from my cable box. CapDVHS (and MyHD MDP-100) has been so simple and flawless for so long that I never took the time to upgrade but now that one of the two lowly 256MB stick has expired it's time to swap this Athlon 64 3000+ with the pile of left over from interim main comp upgrades. This means I'll be going to Win7 64 therefore CapDVHS will no longer be...
I've not read all 50 pages of posts to this thread but I'm going to take a blind leap here... I just come across an educational and entertaining blog entry about snipes. I wouldn't be surprised if it has already been posted here, heck, the author (a station engineer and master control operator) may even be hanging in this thread. http://stevefaul.blogspot.com/2009/05/complaints.html Cheers!
Thanks for the reply. Couple more things I just noticed: 1) Oprah and the Local news which come on just after GH are both in HD (cable and OTA). 2) The TitanTV Guide no longer lists GH with a HD tag (I believe I recall seeing it while GH was airing in HD a few weeks back). Hmmmm...
Couple weeks back my wife loved me because GH was in HD. For the past few weeks I've been no better off than the red-headed stepchild as it seems WJLA ABC7 in DC has ceased its HD broadcast of this soap. Neither Comcast or OTA are displaying GH in HD, I checked the primetime HD programming and they are still in HD so I'm fishing for some backup here to get me out of the dog's house...am I correct that it is not currently being broadcast in HD in my market? Terry
@madpoet Thanks for the heads-up! ;-) Yeah, that's why I definitely added that it was just my experience inferring that others have without-a-doubt, and will in the future, experience different. @ Cliff It may not be DC's normal practice but it did unfortunately happen this time. My being a first-time customer of theirs along with the other issues tends to amplify my perception of impropriety. @conradsky Ouch, you telling me your experience digs the knife even...
As the when/where availability of the MDP-130 has been mentioned in this thread on a number of occasions I feel the need to input the following for others to use as they see fit. On Feb 15 I visited the DigitalConnection website to place my order but the site was very slow. Being impatient I called them to query availability. The sales rep advised they had just opened a new box thus assuring me I could get one without dealing in backorders. I advised I would give the...
Thanks for your input sivartk! Yup, that is definitely one of my viable options. Funny thing is that I did use a DMR-HS2 for about two months this time last year but dabbled only with the built-in authoring (used loosely). Your route does lead me to two additional questions... 1. ".VRO" files? Having not seen these before are they a highly recognizable wraper (i.e. .VOB) by editing softwares? I have, and do still on occasion, use Premier but tend more oft than not...
What I am concerned with most is being able to transfer recorded material residing on a standalone over to my PC for quality editing/authoring. I understand that there are a number of options, some of which being: DVD-RAM/-R/-RW -> PC, & Firewire -> PC. Of these options only DVD-RAM (DS) and Firewire seem applicable considering the others have a 1 hour barrier when attempting to transfer at highest quality. Where everything begins to get convoluted to me is when...