or Connect

Posts by wunderhund

Yes -- I am noticing this, as well. Even with the setting off, there appears to be some motion smoothing going on. I have only had the set for a couple of days and thought it more noticeable in scenes with relatively little motion occurring. I previously had a 42G25 and set with all motion smoothing features defeated -- it displayed no traces of frame interpolation.50ST60Cnet settingsMotion Smoother OFFBlu-ray (24p 96hz), Tivo via HDMI receiver > HDMI2 on ST60OTAThe...
The ST60 has a feature that allows copying the calibration of a setting of one input (i.e. "Cinema" on HDMI1) to all the inputs ("Cinema" calibration is copied to HDMI2, ANT/Cable, etc). Very useful now that the are so many pages of user-controlled settings.
I am interested in the ST60 and currently have a non-ARC (HDMI 1.3?) receiver and 2010 G25 Viera (G25 is set to "Home Theater" audio out). I wish to confirm if I will be able to have the receiver and ST60 perform the way it works for me now:turn off TV speakers and only hear audio from my receiver using HDMI out on the receiver (will selecting "analog" audio, as mentioned above, on ST60 for HDMI input do this?)send optical audio OUT from TV for OTA and Viera Connect usage...
Another vote for Oppo. Although it's not inexpensive, there's no blu-ray player with better audio (and video) specs for the price than the BDP-93.
Thanks, but I don't really think of it as backwards -- consider these two screens:73" 16:9 screen (36" x 64"), the equivalent 4:3 diagonal will be 60"80" 4:3 screen (48" x 64"), the equivalent 16:9 diagonal would be the same as the first screen, 73".Both screens are 64" wide, but the 80" 4:3 is one foot taller -- if I'm showing stills shot in 4:3 (especially in portrait mode) or an old movie, I can get a lot more screen real estate with a 4:3 screen while getting the exact...
I have a refurb 8100 on the way -- my first projector. I'm going to have a 'special events' set-up in the living room for the occasional movie night, slide show or ballgame and I'm researching portable screens. As half of the material I'll be viewing is 4:3 (old movies, stills from camera), I was thinking of getting a 4:3 format screen to maximize that material by zooming in to fill the screen. My question for owners of the 8100: is there perceptible light spill from...
Thanks for your time and your review. This is looking like a great value and the best choice for 1080p under a grand. Cheers.
Curious to know if anyone has purchased the 8100 refurb and is happy with their quality and the condition they're in. I realize that the 8350 is newer and better, but is it $300 - $400 better (~50% higher than the $750 refurb 8100 price)? I'm on a budget and will also be purchasing a 100" portable screen. Cheers.
Thanks for your replies re:OTA in Laguna Beach. I'm going to recommend to them that if they want to see locals, they'll have to keep basic cable or go with satellite. Cheers.
Just visited friends who live a couple blocks up from the coast highway in Laguna Beach. They are interested in cutting the cable from Cox after buying a new HDTV. They were sold a cheap RCA indoor digital antenna which picked up nothing -- I tried scanning the channels both with and without the antenna's amplifier plugged in. Does anyone here have experience with the area? Is it only possible to grab OTA in Laguna Beach with a good exterior antenna or is it iffy...