or Connect

Posts by dyeah

Ok follow up on my Apex 92" screen. I would say this is a great beginner screen. Setup was fairly basic and the web video on their site to show how to install is a great idea and help. To be honest, I did not notice any significant change in the brightness or quality of the picture as compared to my white wall. One thing that does stand out though is that the velvet border does add a sense of higher contrast and makes it look much more like a professional cinema...
Yes you are correct, the borders are 3.5" and not 3." I imagine that would be a bit tight
If the horizontal width of the screen is 80"+6"=86" for the border, won't the screen just fit?
I just pulled the trigger on a 92" screen. I will provide comments when I receive it and set it up. I would be interested in a comparison of this screen with the similar elite screen.
I think the movie mode is the way to go for color setting. Standard and dynamic seem to emphasize too much blue. But occasionaly I switch back and forth when playing games to see if standard is better. Try a much higher contrast around ~80s and back off on brightness to obtain better black ~45 and see if that helps for starters. Tsanga, I know you got your settings more precisely; calibrating with a meter so I am left confused as to why my preferences are so far...
Tsanga, I tried your settings initially and found the contrast to be way too low on SD channels and on my xbox 360 through VGA as well. Everything was way too muted and dark. I am wondering whether the 42A450 requires a bigger push in the contrast than the 50A450 or maybe I am being deceived and I just prefer a more exaggerated and unatural output. Then again, maybe my TV is faulty. I find myself wrestling with the calibration with this TV more than most. ...
Ihave the 42A450 so I am unsure if this maps directly over to the 50 but I found the following with the 360 and component. Running 720p component on the xbox 360 led to a very soft picture. Switching to 1080i seemed to look closer to the sets native resolution. This was suprising to me. Using the VGA leads to a much sharper picture. Colors are about the same between component and VGA to me. Speaking of picture, I notice that I have to push the contrast on this...
Greetings all. I just bought this TV today and I noticed a couple initial issues: Running 720p component on the xbox 360 led to a very soft picture. Switching to 1080i seemed to look closer to the sets native resolution. This was suprising to me. Ideally I will switch in my VGA cable to make sure I am exactly at the proper native resolution but I was really suprised at how soft the picture looked at 720p. I have to push the contrast on this TV in movie mode...
If it is any consolation to the OP, I have a 50" panny as well and have a red stuck pixel that is visible on a white background from 5 feet away. I am not bothered from my normal viewing distance because even on a pure white screen from > 8 ft away, no one can see it. In my personal opinion I would not return unless you can see it from normal viewing distance at all.
Hi everyone New PZ80U owner here. I am replacing a 50" Toshiba HD CRT so I was expecting to be a bit disappointed with the noise (Comcast box only displays 1080i, I need to get some 1080p on this bad boy). Given how much better I can see the picture in a room with sunlight added with the space saved in the living room, I am pleased with the purchase. I noticed I have one stuck red pixel, which is a bit annoying but only visible on pure white and not visible...