or Connect

Posts by rupertoooo

In terms of CD sound quality can someone provide an offering for each. Regards, Craig
This information is incorrect. It has been reported that Panasonic will release the 65VT50 on May 14 with a retail price of $3999.99.
Not going to get into a long dissertation because this is not a Samsung thread. I probably should have gone into more detail and have corrected that in my original post. I saw no signs of brightness pops in any full screen viewing however of the four blu rays I watched I experienced brightness pops in two of the four. There was definite lighting and darkening of the black bars in two of the blu rays with THE DEBT having three separate pops within a one minute time...
One mans assessment. I had/have a Kuro Elite 151 which had its screen damaged so I needed to purchase a new display. I used Best Buys fantastic return policy to audition the Elite, Samsung 64D8000 and the Panny 65VT. I eventually decided on the Panny but not because it produced the best picture but because of the price/performance/size combination. I wanted an upgrade in some way going from my Kuro and the Elites performance, which in my opinion rivals the Kuro Elite...
Picked up a Samsung 64/8000 the past week and upon familiarizing myself with the display I have run into a couple of issues which I an unable to figure out. First I attempted to input Tom Norton's calibration settings, however for some reason I am unable to change the film mode to Cinema Smooth (grayed out using HDMI 1 for DTV). I attempted to incorporate the same setting under HDMI 2 (Blu) and the film mode is completely grayed out, no access whatsoever. Second, upon...
I agree this is good reading however it is taking a toll on my one month return policy which will expire on January 19.
Buzz should I assume that is a display you calibrated. If so that is mighty impressive.
Not sure what to make of that report. What sticks out like a sore thumb is that the report specifies the display as a Sharp LC-70LE735U not an Elite. Additionally why was the display not calibrated in the ISF mode.
Come on folks this is getting ridiculous with the hammering away of this display. I have been needing to replace my Kuro 151 for the past year due to a crack in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. After reading the glowing expert reports (outside of the correctable cyan issue) I went ahead and purchased this display over the weekend. I fully intend on inserting the Cnet settings (temporarily of course) until I have Chad B calibrate my set in February. Will I...
I just took the plunge for $4552.00 at my Best Buy in Woodbridge, VA. From everything I have seen it may not be the best deal around but I believe it is a pretty good deal for a B & M.