or Connect

Posts by jckrac

That is a good question. I can only speak from what I know from a WANE perspective: there used to be a local company based in Fort Wayne, but I don't know how involved they get (or if they are still in business anymore.) The main tower crew we used is based in Indy. There is another company out of Evansville that contacts us every couple months. To be honest, we used an out of town company for both our low power temporary HD antenna and for the main side mount located...
Any guy work is tricky business. When we had ours changed out to foritfy the tower a few years ago for DTV, it was the most tense I've ever seen the tower crews. That being said, if my memory is anywhere near accurate, they had the guys replaced and tower fortified, along with a new 8 inch run up the tower, in about 2 or 3 weeks. Not a job for the faint of heart, that is for sure.
Good evening all. Tonight, WANE's air feed both analog and HD was glitched several times. This was done to return WANE to full time, true 5.1. The report from the station is we are up and running. It was a bit of a nightmare but we think we finally have it whipped. I don't have a 5.1 capable system at home, so I'm relying on reports from the station. CBS has changed a few things since we lost 5.1, and I think I made all the changes needed with the Dolby...
Couple pages back, someone requested an update with regards to 5.1 on WANE. Didn't have one at the time, but I do now: We've been playing with our audio gear over the last few nights inching closer to what we think the final solution is. I had to replace a different part of the chain today for a different reason, so we will be taking tonight off so we can make sure the new piece of gear is working as it should. I'd love to have it back for the Final 4, but can't...
I love time change. As usual, I got into a street fight with our multiplexer trying to get it to reset to the correct time. Should be fixed as of about 3 this afternoon for WANE.
Testing a new base map color on the radar tonight. Take a peek and give feedback....
There has been a debate on what to do color wise since this version of software went live a couple years back. It came back up while the radar was offline, but there are quite a bit of variables involved. I can say though our art department (some of the best in the game, these guys are amazing) is going through all the options.
If memory serves, when it first when online on 15.2 (actually then 31.3!) it was a totally different radar and system. The color switched to its current when an upgrade was put on line several years ago. To answer your question: its being discussed internally on switching either the base maps or the precipitation color. Our art guys are talking about, but that is about all I know at this point.
Don't know if you noticed, Steve, but our radar is back up on 15.2. Some people acutally liked the retro look....
Welcome to the boards. It would help me a great deal knowing where you are at. This gives me a bit of a chance to explain a field test we did at WANE this past Friday. I went out in the field with a simple 60 buck antenna, converter box, tv, and a case of Diet Pepsi and circled the viewing area, specifically targeting areas of higher reception problems as determined by phone calls to the station. I went to Decatur, Antwerp, Bluffton, South Whitley, Angola, and Butler...