or Connect

Posts by Adam-DiVine

A little off topic, but I am having problems with a new Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver. The sound during movies sounds anemic compared to my old receiver (Pioneer SC25). I have the Onkyo calibrated to the same levels that I calibrated the Pioneer. While listening at -7, the sound from the Pioneer is much more engaging. I do not have Dynamic EQ turned on and was wondering if I should have it on. I also wonder if the sound difference I am hearing is just the difference between...
I am selling my almost new (purchased April 26, 2013) Onkyo TX-NR809. I just don't like the sound of this compared to my older Pioneer SC25. I have all original packaging and accessories. The unit is as like new as it gets. It has only seen about 20 hours worth of use.
Should Dynamic EQ be on? I though this only affected listening at lower levels. I normally listen -7 dBs from reference. All I want is for the sound to come through the way it is supposed to. I have discovered that my DVD's (DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1) sound very harsh and much louder at a given volume than my Bluray's (Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD MA). I have relistened to demo material that I am very familiar with and the sound is just not coming though properly. I am comparing...
This is not exactly the same thing that is happening with me. It seems like the Onkyo is not processing the sound properly at first. When I was watching the Hobbit last night, the sound was really thin and the bass was almost non-existent. For reference, the volume was at -7 and my system can play full reference levels; so the sound should have been pretty enveloping. I checked that the receiver was playing DTS HD MA. As far as the receiver was concerned, everything...
Has anyone had any problems with the volume levels between channels not staying constant? I use both Irule and the Onkyo App to control it. Eventually I will just use Irule, but I still don't have everything working properly there yet. When I play something from my source (Oppo BDP-93), there seems to be a variation on the playback levels with the center and the sub. I usually power on and choose my source via Irule. If I then go into the Onkyo App, the sliders are...
PM sent
I am selling my Pioneer SC-25. I am the original owner and the unit has seen light use in my theater for the last two plus years. The unit functions perfectly and looks like new. I have all original packaging and accessories. Buyer to pay shipping. Pick up available near 07823. Thanks!
I am selling my JVC RS1x. I am the original owner (bought as leftover stock from JVC). There is still a little over a year and a half on an extended warranty through Mack. It is fully transferrable. The projector still has the original bulb with approx. 1800 hours. It will ship with a new unopened bulb. I have all original packaging materials and all accessories. The projector is in perfect working order and I have never had any problems with it. I am asking 850.00 obo....
If its a movie I will keep, then bluray all the way. But I find that Vudu HDX is almost as satisfying. If the audio is presented in Dolby Digital Plus, then it is at least in the ballpark of bluray; but if it is in regular dolby digital, you will be underwhelmed. Still, most times, I am going for the Vudu HDX stream. Certainly, I am choosing that over going to a redbox. I have Netflix and agree with others that the streaming can vary dramatically from title to title. ...
Thanks Glenn, I probably should have mentioned that the sub is sitting on carpet over concrete. The room is pretty tightly sealed and lined with double sheetrock layers with green glue. Once the lens comes back, I will have to experiment a bit.