or Connect

Posts by alk3997

Having worked many Shuttle launches and a few Atlas and Deltas, it depends on the rocket and how close you are. Many birds and bats who got too close are seen in remote camera photos dropping to the ground after immediately after lift-off (really ruins the photo). The sound was strong enough (if you are close enough) to break capillaries of exposed skin. This was mostly from the blast overpressure rather than the sustained sound.That said, I'd be more worried about...
Lots of people still use component video for whole home HD distribution. It has a lot of advantages including no EDID, no blinks and comparable picture quality and with a 2010 Blu-Ray player, it works really well. You should try it.
The big problem with this is dark scenes. A deep dark black of space scene could certainly confuse a program. Or one of those movies that use old TV scenes in the middle (suddenly the frame is 4:3). I could foresee situations where the trigger would be moving the mask in the middle of a movie. I suppose you could put hysteresis and a delay into the system to prevent some of that. It's kind of like the auto-off for subwoofers. Have a long symphony that has no bass...
Good news / bad news - The good news is that 1080p/60 with no deep color will fit within both. Max audio rate is about 18 mbps (8-channel LPCM at 96/24), so it isn't going to influence the 6.75gbps or 10.2gbps number too much. The bad news is that neither will handle UHD at 60 fps. That will be up in the 18gbps of HDMI 2.0. DirecTV only sends programming at 1080i or 720p (the receiver does the 1080p conversion), so that will actually be a very small bandwidth compared...
Probably just an oversight on your part, but I don't think this has anything to do with HDMI. Did you post to the wrong section? BTW, VHS made in-roads by having more pre-recorded movies available and for a cheaper price (even though the quality was less). Both formats lacked an HDMI interface and confusion. It was a much simpler time...A white left channel RCA cable, a red right channel RCA cables and a yellow composite RCA cable and NTSC color (of maybe 240 lines)...
You are probably not going to find many true mechanical HDMI switches, let alone one relay controlled. There is one true HDMI mechanical switch that I know of but no relay. A lot claim to be but aren't since they just get switching power from the HDMI line. The reason you won't find many (or any) is that HDMI uses HDCP handshaking and EDID handshaking (which goes from sink to source). So each component, including switches, are supposed to provide support, which implies...
I think there is a "Murphy's Law" about that - the failed component will be always be the one most difficult to replace or repair. Not quite as good as Hoot's first law ("There is no situation that is so bad that it can't be made worse") but just as true.
I think I had "bad cable" for the answer a few days ago. So, I wasn't sleeping too too much
Sure. Where are you going to find one? HDMI to component video is a violation of the HDMI adopter's agreements. If you can find one they will be overseas (from the U.S.) *and* will cost a whole lot more than trying to find a Roku 2, which I believe has component video outputs. Unfortunately, while you would have a legitimate use for an HDMI to component video converter, the HDMI Org sees component video as a way to steal data the HD data (even if the encryption was...
Yes, since each device gets its own key. There could be something in the handshake that the switcher is not performing correctly or the BDP player doesn't recognize the response being sent by the switcher. It's a good question for Key Digital (since the BDP works with everything but the switcher). This could be another interface problem where the there are issues between two specific items but neither is "wrong" - they just don't work well together.Anyway, I really...