or Connect

Posts by alk3997

You are absolutely correct (possibly on both the cause and effect )
My first question is why do you think this is an EDID problem with the BDP? The EDID travels from sink to source. So, the BDP would be receiving the EDID.When you say you were changing the AVR's EDID, what do you mean? Do you mean you were selecting between audio for TV or Amp?Actually, if you can't get any signal at all, it implies that there may be an issue with HDCP more than EDID. If it is EDID, then it would be because the TV or the AVR is providing a list of...
Good to hear. Glad things worked out well!
Sounds exactly correct. The AVP does not have 4K/UDH capability.
OK, let's see if I can explain bitstream first and then 3/2.1 and keep it to two or three paragraphs instead of multiple pages. When you purchase a disc (or a file), the audio encoded on the disc or file is in a certain audio format. It can be stereo PCM (where PCM is just a way of saying that the numbers on the disc match the audio levels the system generates) or it can be multichannel. Multichannel is an easy way for me to say 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel or anything...
That is actually incorrect (although it doesn't matter). HDMI 2.0 does not yet exist on any retail component, even your media server. While HDMI 2.0 is approved it is not yet available "in the wild".What is happening is that HDMI 1.4a has an option for 2160p/24 (UHD). Your server is sending out UHD using 1.4a.The reason that it doesn't matter is that the AVP uses an HDMI 1.3c (may actually be 1.3a) chipset. With the upgrade it has been reprogrammed to passthru 3D, but...
It should output DD simultaneously through HDMI and Toslink but only if the matrix switch manufacturer did it that way. In other words, the way the switch handles HDMI is (somewhat) written out in the HDMI spec. However, the way a matrix switch downmodes to Toslink is not a specification. So, you're at the mercy of the matrix switch manufacturer. As we know the switch manufacturer doesn't even have an owner's manual online or pictures that show the back of the unit. ...
The one thing missing is budget. It's easy to come up with custom systems with an unlimited budget.
That helps. I could not find any documentation or even a photo that showing a Toslink output from that switch. So knowing that it has Toslink helps.You have two projectors which are stereo sinks. I believe neither projector has a TV tuner or any SmartTV internet capability.The other thing to remember is that your sources can only send out one audio stream at any time. So the source can either send stereo or it can send 5.1 or it can send 7.1. But, it cannot send...
I don't think you get a choice with a PC. Since your PC is doing the switching with OBS, then you can't send uncompressed video to it. So, before it gets to the main PC it has to be compressed (while the capture cards are inside the PC case, we'll consider them outside of the main PC for this exercise since they should function almost independently of the PC's processor). Blu-Ray discs contain compressed data, so video compression doesn't necessarily mean YouTube...