or Connect

Posts by alk3997

Really at this point we should all just say that you can find HDFury information using Google (or check other threads on AVSForum).
But, that isn't what the OP asked...
It's not 5.1. The original Pro Logic process results in a center, two side fronts and a mono surround. It's at best a 4.1 system with not a lot of directionality cues. In the 70s receivers had a synthesized back channel system that basically fed the L - R signal to the back channels. It is relatively easy to get unique sounds to come out of the back channels. whether those sounds are intended or not is another story.
Since the DVI input no longer works on your projector, you would use the fury box at the output of the AVR to convert to component which you would then send to your projector.
It sounds to me like you are attacking the wrong problem. The easier way to solve your problem is to use a non-linear editing (NLE) program such as Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe Premier. It may even be possible with the much less expensive Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier Elements.Basically you want to capture from each device separtely. Then put the pieces together on the NLE timeline and fix any gaps. Then render using the settings that provide the least amount re-encoding...
I think you have a good understanding now. I hadn't even considered ARC and CEC in my earlier response. Let's see ARC would untouched on one output since that is TV to AVR only. But the passthru goes directly to the source. Hmmm. The EDID goes from the TV to the AVR and the passthru source. So TV says "yes, ARC". I don't think there is feedback to the TV, so that should be OK. CEC is a mess though. Everything on the HDMI network sees the CEC signal. So you send a...
EDID and (in most cases) HDCP handshaking. It can also be cause by bit errors for long cable lengths. Some switchers now store EDID data to reduce the handshaking time. That implementation costs more money. Was your 15+ foot cable High Speed and certified? If not, that can generate bit errors.
For cheap switchers yes. For switchers with other capabilities, most likely no. Check their website and the customer reviews. Lots of happy customers with a few who didn't know how to properly hook-up the product is a good sign.
This has been covered before in the archives of previous forum entries. Basically coax is a modulated signal so you would need a high definition modulator that the TV's tuner would then pick-up in 1080i. Those exist. Here's an example - http://www.amazon.com/ZeeVee-ZVPRO820-1080i-Channel-Modulator/dp/B00E3W8FZ8 If you are sending the same thing out to each TV, you would only need one modulator. That's the good news. The bad news is they are well north of $500 (at...
Basically the answer to your question is, 'you can't (mostly)'. It is against the HDMI Org's licensing agreements to allow copy protected HDMI signals to be converted to analog high definition. Component video is analog. HDMI is digital. So you cannot go from HDMI to component video by the rules. There are some companies that are not in the U.S. that make converters. They usually disappear quickly and there is nothing to say that a future HDMI product won't send a...