or Connect

Posts by Einride

Are you certain that Phillips or any TV will pass thru 5.1 sound from an HDMI input? Most TV specs indicate that 5.1 sound is available over their optical output--but the fine print clarifies this to mean only from the TV input.The Proscan accepts 1080P on the VGA and HDMI inputs. I did not test the component input, but my best guess is that it will work, since 1080P video processor chipsets have been doing that for more than two years.
The short answer to HDMI sound output over the TV's spdif is: "No". This is true for all HD TV's, and is copyright related. The only audio output on a TV spdif that is the original 5.1 channel surround sound content results when the TV is recieving through its "TV" input and is in TV mode. All the rest, including from an HDMI input, is two-channel stereo.
Any motion-related pixelation you saw on your Samsung will be produced by any TV (including old tube TVs) connected to the same signal. Motion-related pixelation results from digital compression artifacts that are generated by the broadcaster's signal processing equipment, and is more often seen on SD signals that use greater compression.The "response time" relates to the length of the time interval between when a pixel receives a change in brightness signal, and the time...
One more drawback for the 40LC45S involves using an HDMI input fed by a DVI source (cable box or a computer). There is no provision for getting sound to the TV on a separate cable with any of the three HDMI inputs. Using a separate sound system fed by an optical cable from the source works fine, however. As well, the component inputs include separate sound in, but that is limited to stereo, and is not as high quality as digital sound over an HDMI cable. Also, the...
Here is a shortened EDID report EDID ( Extended Display Identification Data) ReportVendor/Product Identification:Monitor Name : PHD5039NUSMonitor Serial Number : Manufacturer Name : PLXProduct Id : 5002Serial Number : 1Week Of Manufacture : 16Year Of Manufacture : 2007EDIDVersion : V1.3Number Of Extension Flag : 1Display parameters:Video Input Definition : Digital SignalDFP1X Compatible Interface : FalseMax Horizontal Image Size : 1100 mmMax Vertical Image Size : 560 mmMax...
The short answer is "No". None of Best Buy's inexpensive TVs--Proscan, Insignia, and Dynex have QAM tuners in the current models. Current means "-10" for Dynex and Insignia, and "LC" for Proscan. Your clue to QAM is the specification "Digital Cable Ready?", which, for theseTVs, is No. There is a reason for this. In a very short period of time, no cable provider will be delivering unencrypted--that is "clear" QAM--digital signals. My provider, RCN, stopped months ago, and...
I had presumed that you have the currently selling model from Best Buy. Your manual, however, indicates that you have the "09" series. I have the "10" series. The Dynex TVs have been extensively redesigned between 09 and 10. Your Advanced settings in Setup are for computer hookups through the VGA port. There is no Overscan adjustment. So my previous suggestion does not apply to your TV.But, the instructions in your manual for your Zoom control are to use "Wide" for setting...
OK. I have a more specific solution. My 32" Dynex behaves the same way your 42" does. There are only two settings for Zoom: Wide and Normal. Wide works fine for any input. Normal is compressed horizontally as you described. However, I am currently using my TV as a computer monitor, and my Overscan setting in the TV Menu is set to Off. This is necessary for a computer monitor to avoid losing the edges of the picture.When my Overscan is set to On, there are these Zoom...
You need to check the resolution that is being output from your cable box. Select an HD channel on the cable box. On the TV remote, press the Info key. You will get a momentary display across the top of the screen. The resolution data will look like "HD 1080i HDMI", or something else. If 1080i is not shown, then you need to set the cable box to fix that problem.When using the digital output from a cable box, the box can sometimes lower its resolution to what the box has...
You might want to consider this clip from the 950 user manual--16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.Zoom1: Magnifies the size of the picture on the screen. Zoom2: Magnifies the size of the picture more than “Zoom1”. Wide Fit: Enlarges the aspect ratio of the picture to fit the entire screen. 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode. Just Scan: Use the function to see the full image without any cutoff when HDMI (720p/1080i/1080p), Component (1080i/1080p) or DTV (1080i)...