or Connect

Posts by lazyn00b

This is a huge assumption!
MarkRH, it does not squish or move when I press the spot, but it does have a liquid appearance. I also wonder if its possible that the smudge is actually on the backlight and not the LCD itself. I should also mention that I have never spilled anything on this TV, and I am the sole occupant of my apartment. The smudge appeared long after the last time I cleaned the display.
This is a photo (attached) of the top right corner of my 32" Sharp Aquos GA5U. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It just showed up a couple of weeks ago. I've had the TV for about 3 years and have never seen any weird artifacts like this. It looks like a smudge, but it is definitely NOT on the external surface of the LCD. Could there be some kind of mold on the inside of the LCD?! Would it be possible to open it up and clean it off?
You need to search the HTPC forum where you will find that the problem is that PowerDVD doesn't like your video card (e.g. ATI Radeon 2400 Pro). The solution is to use arfster's registry tweaks for your video card.
I have the same problem. With ATI 3850 running on Vista, "UseBT601CSC"="1" key does nothing.
Sounds like HDCP problems. Did you run the Cyberlink Advisor? Anyway, you should try VGA instead of DVI/HDMI output.
OK, here's my ten most wanted: A Bridge Too Far The Great Escape Where Eagles Dare Sands of Iwo Jima Saving Private Ryan Never Wave at a WAC To Have and Have Not The Bridge on the River Kwai Guns of Naverone Stalingrad
OK, that doesn't really answer my question about the Arcsoft player, but how did you get PowerDVD to use VMR?
How are you guys getting screenshots from the interface? Does this mean Arcsoft player doesn't use overlay? That would be great news if it's using VMR or EVR.
Great looking cover, but I'll believe it when I see it. Isn't zonadvd.com the same website that faked a Lord of the Rings release announcement?