or Connect

Posts by shally

Quote: Originally Posted by mph1071 Hi, who else has experienced problems using TIMER RECORDING with the DRC7005N? Since 2 weeks or so ago, the machine will just not 'turn on' and record any timed recording. TIA. I've had a 7005N for about 2 years, and the Guide+ system rarely worked correctly, although when it did it recorded fine. I've used mine more like a VCR (stop, start, etc.) instead of the Guide+. With the exception of last month...
Quote: Originally posted by procrastination Does anyone know how to reset this unit back to its factory settings? I know how to format the hard drive, but I would like to erase all the guide information that the unit has collected. PRO Have you tried the RCA-PVR group at Yahoo? I don't know how to link to it, so I'll just copy one message which should be helpful, if you've got a DRC7005N (it may not work on the DRS...
Quote: Originally posted by lurker623 Jaybp I'm good ole cable boy myself. You sat guys get the extra stuff like TIVO. Anyway for now my DRC7005n works like a dream and no extra fee's. The fee was what made me seach for a TIVO alternative in the 1st place. Agreed. It seems silly to pay $13 / month to avoid TV Guide. I was interested in the RCA for this reason and also because the Guide+ information comes from PBS (and therefore the antenna/cable)...
Quote: Originally posted by dwk Well, my RCA7005N is in the shop. I received it 2/23/04 and it started sounding like a wash machine a few days ago. The unit made it into the shop before I even got my rebate :D :D Oh well at least it has 1 yr parts/labor warranty. Maybe they'll screw up and replace the drive with a 200gb ? :) Good luck! (that's not sarcastic). I bought a ReplayTV, then returned it the next day when I found Sonicblue had...
Quote: Originally posted by dwk If he's gone that far I'd bet he also has cable internet, so he would connect to the internet that way. Actually, he doesn't, although that would be somewhat logical. He only connects at work (a T1 line), and he doesn't even have cable TV (DirectTV).
Quote: Originally posted by jaypb Well, my $50 rebate check FINALLY arrived yesterday from Buy.com Mine arrived yesterday too. Maybe Buy.com's catching up. I'll wait to be excited until the check clears. BTW, while I think Tivo and Replay are more polished (experienced?) at producing reliable, functional PVRs, one thing that I really like about the RCA (much more than the others) is that the Guide+ data is obtained from the cable and not from the...
Quote: Originally posted by lurker623 I am not experiencing the clock problems that you are, I still think the solution is in guide plus system. Once I take the unit to the proper guide plus configuration both units keep proper time and don't lose time either. How do you know the proper guide plus configuration? I know that sounds silly, and it's fairly well explained, but I guess I must be an exception. There are 7 configurations listed, identified...
Quote: Originally posted by jaypb I never really notice much with regards to the clock, since I leave the 7005n on all the time While I leave mine plugged in all the time (I'm not really sure why, except to avoid having to reset the options), I only have it turned on while I'm watching. But I've noticed (I have a VCR on top of it, which has a clock (a pretty accurate one) displayed on the front, that the time on the RCA loses about 1-2 minutes a day....
Quote: Originally posted by jaypb Rebatestatus.com FINALLY showed my $50.00 rebate check as mailing last week......but this was after about a dozen e-mail complaints back and forth with buy.com. I have SWORN to NEVER again buy an item from them that utilizes a "Rebate". Now that I think of it, I haven't bought anything from them in over 2 months. :mad: rebatestatus.com finally shows the same for me (mailing date 3/24/04) and says it'll take 10...
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Gerhard Of course we all want unlimited toll-free telephone support and someone available online to answer questions 24 hours a day with the products we buy. RCA probably makes about $15 profit on that box after the costs to provide the customer service that exists. You could buy a full service TiVo, pay $12.95/month or $300 and get better support. Try asking your questions here and if you still need help, then write or...