or Connect

Posts by bigdwest

I am trying to determine the vary clear differences between the 3007 and the 5007. As I understand it currently this is what I see as the differences on the surface. Differences: 3007 - 5007 Amp Power: 140 - 145 HDMI Inputs: 7 - 8 Optical Digital in: 3 - 4 Push Pull Design: - Single Transformer: Standard - Toroidal DAC: 24 bit - 32 bit CAP's: ? - 22,000 Low Gitter Circuit: ? - ...
It will be interesting to see if Onkyo can improve on the analog inputs in the new pre/pros, but in Kal's previous editorial on the DTC-9.8 (http://www.stereophile.com/musicinth...tr/index2.html) it appears that as long as the audio signal remains in the digital domain until it is being output to the amp all is well. "Is the Integra DTC-9.8 a new standard for multichannel processors? Well, no and yes. Leaving aside all things video, when used as a pure analog...
Well from a receiver perspective it was definitely a modest announcement from Yamaha at CEDIA in my opinion. Was hoping for some updates on their top tier products, but hey it is what it is. From the announcements and videos I saw there are some interesting possibilities for Yamaha though. The things that were really interesting, the NeoHD controler (it is like the best of a Harmony 1100 remote with a killer GUI, the Ipod touch/iphone app for receiver control, and the...
I was actually referring to a possible refreshed Z9. It would stay in line with their labeling convertion for their Z series receivers. The Z11 is an 11 channel receiver whiile the Z7 is a 7 channel reciever and if I remember correctly the previous z9 was a 9 channel receiver. So it looks like the soonest we will see some new receivers from Yamaha will be in January at CES. What a bummer they will miss the holiday shopping season. I will do my best to hold out until...
guys can you remind me when the 3900 and z7 where release? Was it CEDIA last year or CES?
I am very surprised we have not heard anything from Yamaha yet. From their twitter post earlier Yamaha had commented that they had lots of new product to present. But even their twitter post have been slow. I have to agree that Onkyo has the most interesting option out right now. I have been a yamaha fan for so long and I love the dynamic sound of yamaha's. I have tried other receivers (denon's and Pioneer's) but always come back to the yamaha's. If yamaha does...
Hey guys, If there is anyone out there at CEDIA 2009. Would love to know if Yamaha has any new receivers lined up for late 2009 / 2010. Come on Yamaha, papa's hoping for a new Z9! After all they need something to compete with the Denon 4810 and Onkyo TX-5007/3007. Thanks for any updates anyone can provide.
I am sure you will be quite happy with your purchase. I am at the point I want to upgrade as well. I have a RX-v2700 which I have been very happy with but with CEDIA so close around the corner I am going to hold off until Christmas time. I would love a 9.2 receiver the house is already wired for it. Love the idea of being able to reposition the center channel to the center of the screen with the front presence speakers.
If I was to guess what may Yamaha my announce at CEDIA it would an update to the Z11 as Yamaha is desperately needing to update the video section of the Z11 to match or better that of the Z7 and the unit is already setup for support for Dolby pro logic IIz. Hope they would not short change the audio section by down grading the DAC's and Opamps. Additionally, I would not be surprised if we saw a Z9 CEDIA. Essential a Z7 with the addition of Pro Logic IIz two more...
I am also interested in hearing if the 1.05 firmware update fixes a lot of the quirks that the Ref 70 currently has. Thanks for any feedback you can provide. Sincerely, David