or Connect

Posts by ashVID

Can you answer my question? I could care less about crappy local news. I would not pay $1 a month for it. Why not pass thru the national signal like satellite used to do? If there is a local must carry law, how can they be allowed to extort you?
Can I ask a question nobody locally will answer? I could care less about the trashy local news. Could COX pass thru the signal from another market? Like many people, an antenna is not really an option for me and we enjoy a few live shows like American Idol, etc. I blame WAVY for this 100% but if I lose 2 of the networks, not sure it makes much sense for me to keep COX. WAVY is extorting here because in a large chunk of the market, Cox is the only choice. ash ...
I think it is pretty funny that people take their own local situation and use that to make some comment about general availability or even the status of a console or company. In most areas, neither the Wii or PS3 is easy to find. The PS3s are put on the floor immediately upon receipt while many stores are holding Wiis until they have several to sell on a weekend, etc. I suspect eventually PS3 sales will pick up and Wii sales will slow down, they are really different...
I agree that the answer is not an easy one but consumers are going to catch on pretty quick. The subscription model is better because, as I noted, you are buying a service, not a license for a game you already own. If they want to have levels of subscription, fine... $1.99 for Weather/Net, $2.99 for that + NES/SNES, $4.99 monthly for everything... ash =o)
Paying $8 to play an antiquated game I already own is over-priced for me. I like the subscription model because it is like I am getting a "service" not buying a game that I already own and I am not really "buying" To play Wii Sports with 4 people, all with their own controller/nunchuck is $534 with tax... By the way, I love the Wii... I just hate the fact that as a longtime gamer, they are trying to re-sell me something I have paid for over and over... it is not...
Ahh... DIVX all over again... This is an inherent flaw in the new distribution model and why the crackers and hackers stay in business. Let's face it, I bet 90%+ of VC downloads are of games people have already paid retail for in the first place. I bought Super Mario Brothers for NES on the release day...I think it was almost $60 with tax, why should I have to buy it again? Wait, I am not buying it... I am...err... leasing the license to play it on a specific...
My bro-in-law owns a very nice regional theater chain. He shut it down last night for the family. Actually, it is best for the 360, you can network between screens, etc. it is pretty crazy. ash =o)
I think the TRU press release is actually pretty discouraging to anyone on the hunt for a Wii, it is at the BOTTOM of the list indicating they know it will be no more than a couple thousand or 4-6 per store...less than one per day! This does not even account for any they would hold for online bundles. I think the best chance at one was yesterday (the 17th) as stores had been saving them up in most areas for 7-14 days. In my city of about 500,000 people there ended up...
No probs whatsoever at my local mall and this mall is within 1/2 mile of a Super Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and TRU...all that had lines of 75 - 200+ people at them. The key here was the Gamestop did not tell people they had any units...they told people to "check back with them on Sunday" Mall opens at 9am and the GS at 10am, I got there 7:45ish (after striking out everywhere else), went into the entrance the employees use (wife used to work there) and there was one...
I was bound and determined to get one today and refused to camp out. I devised a decent plan of attack, there were about 6 stores with Wiis within a couple miles of eachother with staggerred opening times. Left the house about 6:30am and the line was already huge at Target, about 40 had camped and there must have been 75 more so I headed to Best Buy. About 50-60 people in front of me so I thought there may be a chance. Before long people from Circuit City came and said...