or Connect

Posts by tuta

I received this a few days ago from the new start-up cable provider, Fision.HD channels down from 50 to 30....
In this age of digital this and digital that, when can I expect a DVR that knows that the FOX football telecast is running over and that it should hold off from starting to record 24? It really seems like we should be at this point already. Do networks not send any kind of digital 'header' info that DVRs should be programmed to read and adjust things accordingly?
anyone else having intermittant sound drop offs today on a SA-8300HD? it is on live tv and anything recorded today... (first real problem with cable since picking up a HD tv and the new dvr box a month ago)
HERE is their suggested lineup -- they certainly do not say specifically which HD channels they will offer, but state that they will offer the most HD channels of any cable provider out there. They also promise "all the local TV channels broadcasting in high definition" Yay -- Alyssa Milano in HD as she was meant to be ogled! I also dug around and they say their signal going to residents will be uncompressed... A little more of their press...
OK -- I think I know how to make this relevant to the forum... Here is some upstart competition to TWC Houston .... I am very interested in finding someone who is subscribed to these new guys or in their beta test in/near the Cy-Fair area... (( The internet speeds alone make me drool with anticipation))
terry -- I am not sure I understand - are you saying that there are "layered" analog PLUS digital versions residing in the same channel location (i.e. TWC is sending an analog and digital signal for ESPN2 at channel 34)? if that is the case -- is/will my SA 8300HD DVR picking up the digital or analog? how would I tell (other than hopefully a distinct PQ improvemnet)?
all -- we are about to pull the trigger on a hlr5667w. here would be a list of its new friends (who are very much older than it)! Samsung dvd-v5500 combo dvd/vcr Pioneer VSX-451 AV Receiver (no surround -- just two main speakers) SA8300 DVR -- Time Warner -- will upgrade to the HD version asap. I do not foresee any more major upgrades to the setup until the kids are much older and our bank account is much larger. ~~~ Big question that I have gotten confused...
all - i have a toshiba tp61h60. i have gotten a lot of use out of for almost 6 years now, but recently the "wheels" seem to be falling off. a week or two ago my wife noted this line appearing horzontally near the bottom of the screen. we didn't really think anything of it and thought it was bad cable or something. CLICK for an example (not a real screenie mind you) Now -- the screen is turning itself off fairly regularly -- we are currently unplugging, waiting,...
Well - my 288 is still busted (component out is screwed). Probably going to step up and purchase a Panny at some point, but I was really hoping this would hold that off for another year (or so)...
ok -- i think Paul jinxed me. my player now has lost horizontal and vertical hold and is in all black and white. It is hooked up through a monster component cable circa 1998 -- do cables go out? the plain janes work fine --- of course, the PQ is a lot worse, but at least the kid can watch Thomas the Tank Engine! I did undo/redo the component cables, but to no avail... I know this was a fairly inexpensive box, but I was hoping for a little longer than this...