or Connect

Posts by jrwhite

I wondered how well these things would work. Great info JHouse, and great to see you post again! Coming from you, I'm sure the brightness will be adequate!
Mitsubishi HC3 LCD - in service for about 3 years as a computer monitor. About 6 months as a TV replacement. Typically run 8 hours a day. Retired at about 3000 hours. Still working Mitsubishi HD-1000 In service for about 2 years as a TV replacement. Used intermittently after that as a gaming projector in our main theatre ( which was CRT at the time ). Given to friends last summer who have been using it 6 or more hours a day. Close to 4000 hours on it, and still...
BalanceFighter, welcome to the club. What you're seeing on your satellite box is less about the output resolution of the box, and more about the encoding. Since you notice it at scene changes and movement, it's definitely the bitrate throttling on DirectTV's part. Movement and scene changes require higher bandwidth to maintain picture quality, and cable and satellite services limit this as to not interfere with other channels. As AV_Integrated pointed out, DirectTV...
For my son's condo livingroom setup I just placed the BenQ 710st on the magazine shelf of his coffee table. 92" picture on the wall from about 4'. Monoprice wireless HDMI extender from the sources on the opposite wall to the table.
I have an HC400 that's still in service that's pretty similar in light output to the 810. When I A/B'd it with my 8350, the 8350 was significantly brighter ( both had new lamps). If you don't want to change your mount of screen position, then the 8350 and the Panasonic AR100 are probably the least expensive options. I've never seen the panasonic, but from all reports I've seen it's a flamethrower, and may be the best fit for your needs.
I don't have 5020, but I do have an 8350 and old HC400. Both of mine are very similar lens shift wise, so I suspect the 5020 is close. 132cm of horizontal shift is the far end of the range, and possibly a little beyond, for a 120" screen. With my two, you still have a bit of vertical if the horizontal is max'd out, but not much. 45cm is only about 15% of the vertical range, so, you might just be able to do it, but I can't say with any certainty. If you used a...
Birddoggin, I have the 8350, and while the ANSI contrast is OK, but the on/off is nothing to write home about. I'm coming from CRT though. For a little more than your budget, avscience.com has b-stock of the RS-4800. For a little less than your budget, Epson has the 8500UB refurbs. I've seen both, and the on/off is significantly better than the 8350. Jonathan
Anthony, The issue is probably the quality of the sync that the old consoles produce. Many were rather fast and loose with the RS170A spec, and conformed just enough for old analogue TV's, which were much more forgiving than modern digital sets. I don't think sourcing a native 4X3 projector will necessarily cure your issue. You might try playing with the 'Fine Sync' controls in your Optoma to see if you can display the complete picture. Although bulky and not plug and...
AceInfinity, 'dual band' usually pertains to IR sensors / demodulators. Many IR protocols use a carrier frequency somewhere in the 34KHz to 36KHz range, but then there is a leap to 56KHz. The IR receivers usually have a sharp notch filter around their centre frequency, and are carrier frequency specific. However, the notch isn't so sharp that adjacent carrier frequencies ( such as 34KHz vs 36KHz are drastically affected. 'Dual Band' in a repeater usually means there...
the only thing the guy in this video is doing is shortening the throw of the 3010 to create an image that fills his wall with 2.35 content. 1.77 content can't be displayed with this type of setup unless you use a scaler.I did some experimenting with camcorder wide angle converter lenses quite a number of years ago. In the end, it's easier and less expensive to use a 'mirror' setup. Here's the thread if you're interestedShort Throw LensJonathan