or Connect

Posts by Node

Who does?
If I don't care about 3D performance is there any reason to get a 920 over an 835? And can any comment on input lag in gaming mode for either of those two sets?
It isn't my setup, it's the numbers they gave in the digitalversus reviews. Does the 830U have the "Vyper Drive" that Sharp claims reduces input lag?
Could anyone be so kind and tell me where you find out the differences between TV models, with intricate detail? For instance, I want to know what the difference is between the Sharp 832U, 835U, 920U, and 925U. Typing various entries into google gives me garbage results.
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes Because most people here 1) buy a TV every few years and/or 2) are interested in display technology in general. You're expecting too much if you think a list of the best TVs that fit your criteria is an easy answer. Most people, even on this forum, don't care that much about input lag and/or can't test it, so there's not much data to work with. My advice is to check DigitalVersus if you haven't. They review...
Quote: Originally Posted by Romneto It seems that Panasonic and Sharp (Game Mode), and LG LCD HDTVs are usually the lowest lag models on the market. I'm mostly going to use it to connect a Dreamcast (using VGA box) to play MvC2, although every now and then I will play Xbox 360 games (and watch movies) on it via HDMI. I have read that using the VGA box for Dreamcast is typically a wise choice since it will have low lag when connecting that way instead of...
"You get what you pay for" sounds like the exact opposite sentiment from earlier in this thread - the $60 monoprice and Peerless wall mounts are just as good. It's like buying a $100 Monster HDMI cable. Are they mistaken?
Dangit, the review doesn't mention if it does full 4:4:4 color reproduction in game/PC mode.
How do you figure this stuff out? The two models I'm considering are the Sony HX929 and Sharp 835U. I can't find detailed information that says if they have 4:4:4 color and 1:1 pixel mapping.
Indeed, be very careful. Make sure you read if they charge "restocking fees." I saw a vendor that had a 25% restocking fee. Can you imagine spending $3000 on a television, found out you hated it for whatever reason, then pay $750 just to send it back? You might want to consider, if it's possible, to drive to a nearby big city to buy a television.