or Connect

Posts by frtundra

There's no reason it couldn't. It's just a matter of running composite (or S-Video) into the recorder from the CECB. By the way, according to others in the forums for the various Panasonic DVDRs, these machines may do better with DVD-RW than with DVD+RW discs. Apparently, the search speeds on the "+" discs are not the best in these models.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post12835216
The Panasonic DMR-EZ47VK can record to the built-in VCR, but only when the tuner is set to an analog channel. It will not record from a digital broadcast. There is no such limitation for recording DVDs. If you've bought a newer recorder, it's probably the DMR-EZ48VK which from all accounts is very similar to the previous model. You might check the forum to see if anyone else has seen this limitation in the newer model.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014536
Same situation here. The front panel buttons are too sensitive to accurately tune one channel up or down consistently. Even trying to tap them gently to try for a single channel change often results in jumping two or more channels (or subchannels). It doesn't seem to matter whether there are multiple subchannels or just main channels in the area where you're trying to tune. If you hold down the buttons, it does appear that the box does run through all mapped...
Until recently, I did exactly that. I was able to view and record local stations off Comcast with the cable directly connected to the EZ475v. The problems I encountered were more to do with poor signal from the Comcast cable, especially when the weather turned bad. The tuned channel would break up momentarily, or, if it was really cold, vanish altogether. I haven't seen the issues you mention unless your problem with channel 4-2 is related to signal strength. By the...
I got my Insignia through freedtvshop. John was very helpful and knowledgable. Delivery was prompt. Go for it!
Checked BB today. They had stacks of November and December 2007 boxes. Nothing newer.
Not all local NBC stations are broadcasting in Dolby 5.1. In my area, Nightly News on WBAL in Baltimore did not have the audio problem, but WRC in Washington did.
My March Insignia NS-DXA1 also has the audio problems. After watching downconverted HD network prime-time shows on my old 27" Sony for a few days, I figured that I'd lucked out and gotten a post-fix unit. There was no hint of the audio issue that had been mentioned here. Or, as others here have said, maybe I'm just too old to hear that frequency (I'm in my 50s). But not being able to let well enough alone, I recorded NBC Nightly News to a DVD and brought that to my...
The last page of the manual claims it can tune QAM. Nice thought...
From what I gather from previous posts, one solution is to switch the box to Mono. One person was saying he then took the right channel out and split that to the TV's (or VCR's?) RCA inputs. The thing is, if decoding a 5.1 program was the source of the problem, wouldn't switching to Mono also remove the audio glitch from the left channel? And, does Mono eliminate the audio glitch from the RF out? Sorry to push the issue. My Dad's coupons expire next month and I'm...