or Connect

Posts by stereo55

Thanks for info , specially on the orbiter thing .So it seems then , my tv is basically ok (running properly including my past "zoom" feature question) , but minus the few dents it has on the back panel (possibly/most likely from bad shipping?) .I finally did get a hold of Dell by phone to request an rma (my 7 day old rma email request was never found by the Dell rep *shakes head) , but now Dell no longer offers the 50" 6500 . The rep was not sure what to do about my...
Well , I had my 50PA6500 from Dell delivered a week ago . Delivery was by Dells outsourced Pilot delivery service . I had Pilot bring the tv inside and put it in the den against the wall , fine until ....I found out that Pilot did a nice job of concealing from me the HUGH 4" deep horizontal dent across the whole backside of the box ; and of course they had left before I noticed it . At this point I figured the screen had to be cracked and I'd be calling them to replace...
Hmm ... my 50" from Dell will be here tuesday , hope I have better luck .Would be interested in how things work out ( and how well Dell handles the situation) thx .
Well , I finally broked down and bought a 50PA6500 (even though Iam kinda a Samsung plasma guy) .The price was too good and I had other incentives from Dell to help lower the price even further .Ive spent hours and hours reading here at AVS on all the usual brands in the 1k-$800 price range , Panasonic/Samsung/LG noting flaws or problems on each . LG seems the least problematic, and has the most features and good pq tweaking , which really made a good selling point ....
Just a heads up ... the 50PA6500 is onsale for $650 @ Dell , Crutchfeld , PaulsTV and Tiger Direct . Seems to be the lowest going price atm . This price is seriously making me think about a purchase .
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1372479/lg-plasma-panel-tweaks-for-better-blacks
Just to clarify ... The LG PA6500 does not do 3D , only the 6700/9700 .*edited*Ive compared , both instore(s) with a less than steller video feed . Both are close in picture quality imo nice colors and blacks , sharpness was to hard to tell due to the bad feed , but as mentioned the the LG have plenty of video settings for more tweaking ; where as the U50 is pretty limited with the minmal/standard video settings (something I hated with our Panny 80u) .Its a hard call ,...
Thanks for the info . I too had noticed the rather large pixels on the E550 and E530 while looking at BestBuys instore displays (thinking it was just my eyes) and thought it was quite distracting (from the over all image quality) giving a heavy screen-door effect and more of of a let down on the lower-end 2012 models while comparing it to the Panny and LG models . Now I know why the 550/530 looked more like a 720p version on text and such.After reading your post ( and...
This should help answer some of you questions in this thread (PA6500 thread) : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1390332/lg-50pa6500-and-lg-60pa6500-plasmas
Ok , Iam not new to plasma's and looking to upgrade to a 50" for the bedroom (budget minded) . Ive had my eye on the three listed below : LG 50PA5500 = $650 (current price) LG 50PA6500 = $750 (current price) Samsung PN51E30 = $750 (current price) Current in house Samsung 42" 2-1/2 yrs old and Panasonic 42" 4+yrs old (and familiar with a Samsung 63" 2011 model that my brother owns) . My experience has been positive (but not perfect) with Samsungs , and the Panasonic was...