or Connect

Posts by mazspeed

I have not gone that route yet, but did buy my oppo there. I used to deal with Mark who was a friend who worked there but he passed away last year. They are very pricy though, but may go that route if i cannot find anyone capable. Thanks.
Aren't the other modes a bit dark? I don't have mine hooked up yet, so i cant play with settings. But vivid is the top setting in the menu correct? I think if I remember correctly was the clearest brightest setting for the v60. I could be wrong, which is probably the case.
I would think "vivid".
Yeah i thought the vt was better in everyway other than brightness to the st. I could not tell any difference from the vt to the zt either. Identical pictures. I will say that the samsung 8500 web stuff is far better than the pannys. But picture quality and how fast the vt/zt screens can deal with fast action sports and quick screen movements, i don't see how anyone would take the 8500 over the vt. The vt is flat out better in that department and thats a big deal with me....
I was able to compare the vt to the 8500 side by side at video only in san carlos ca. The salesman was Fred. We had it on their comcast and the vt didn't look that great, but neither did the 8500. It was split about 25 times to a bunch of sets so the quality was bad. Comcast is not very good to begin with anyways. At first we wanted the vt or the zt. Looked at the 8500 next to the vt and liked the brightness right away. I asked Fred to put in a blue ray, so he popped in a...
Hey guys, not sure this is the right place to post. If not i am sorry please move it to the correct forum. I am looking for a full system install. My components are as follows. 65 inch panasonic vt60 Tv? I will mount. Oppo 105 that will act as a processor, must have good oppo knowledge, since i don't. Arcam p7 amp Dish network system vip722k dvr Home pc computer that has all my blu ray and flac files. Monster power hts 5100 power conditioner 5.1 speaker setup. And full...
Bose may be the worst speaker in the world, except for kraco. They also have the best marketing in the US. If GM or Microsoft had their marketing group, they would be much bigger than they are now. Brilliant marketing, crappy speakers. If you listen to their car speakers, they are no better, but it sounds better because you're in a car with little airspace. Although their headphones seem ok, their $400 dollar clock alarm radio is a really bad joke. Anyone who thinks Bose...
Thanks Jim. I bought the VT today. We almost took the 8500, but after having them hook up, a dvd player with the same content and after watching it side by side, the VT had far less blury items on the screen. So much so on fast action stuff, where the 8500 was very pixelated on the same content, same device. It was a real wake up call. The VT was not as bright, but the screen was much better.
Hey guys. Ok, i have read a lot of posts regarding calibration on the VT. I am buying one of these tvs this week, either the vt or the zt 65. From what i can gather, the vt is the way to go since its about a grand cheaper now and the calibration will make it better anyways. Is this a good assumption? Should i go with the vt and have it calibrated vs the zt? The one thing about the vt-zt is that its not quite as bright as I think i might like. Although i am going from a mit...
I fully agree the more inline the worse it sounds. But do the passthroughs on the receivers/processors hurt the sound coming from the oppo? Sound and video is also high on my list, but ease of use for my wife is also paramount. I was told that i should consider an integra 40.2 for a pre with the oppo while running video and sound through the oppo. Thoughts? Thanks for the comments.