or Connect

Posts by pervtab

I'll have to try the xsetroot experiment (good idea) when I get home (I'm out of town right now). 720p video is fantastic, though. Pre-rendered, non-filmlike movies (like the incredibles) really show off the resolution. I paused it a couple of times on detailed scenes and there was no fuzziness, jagged edges, etc even at 6 feet away. If it's not a 1-to-1 mapping it's definitely plenty good. BTW, my setup is a linux MythTV HTPC (my PC/video card does all the...
It worked this way for me too under MS Windows (well, I didn't notice if it came up PC PC, but it was certainly in PC mode), but it seems linux/Xwindows confused the TV somehow. Manually setting the name to PC helped it figure it out.
Ha! I thought your name looked familiar. Yeah, that was me mailing you on the mythtv-users list. And here I thought I was helping 2 different people Once I got everything configured correctly I still had that 1/4" black bar all around my picture. As black as the blacks get on the HLRs it blends right into the bezel, though, so I don't really mind.
I figured this one out by experimentation. To put my HLR5667W into "PC Mode" (to get the wide-pc option, the "signal lock" options, etc) I had to go into the "name input" menu and select "PC" (so that when you hit the input button afterwards it says "PC PC" on the vga input. That did the trick... woo hoo! By the way, neither Samsung level 1 nor level 2 tech support knew this. I was supposed to get a mail from engineering with a fix/explanation, but that was more than a...
I just saw the HLR-5067 at Best Buy in Marlborough, MA (thanks for the tip, Shape) and it looked good. REALLY good. They have it a couple of units away from the old Kirk set, so I couldn't make TOO direct a comparison, but from what I saw today I can honestly say I like the 5067 better. I was previously a HD2+ bigot, so that's saying something Unfortunately they only had a HD feed running so I couldn't check it out in SD. It looked fantastic in HD, though:...
Hi, I just got my Explorer 8000 yesterday (charter, MA) and I noticed something irritating. If I schedule a recording (say, Friends at 8:00), get home a short time later (say 8:15), and then go to the list of recordings and choose Friends it starts playing the recording at the live time (as opposed to the beginning of the show... the part I've missed, but has already been recorded). This seems pretty stupid... if I wanted to watch it at the live time, I'd just tune...