or Connect

Posts by 6volt

Thanks for the info. So for now, it is fairly clear that the Auvitek AU8515AA demodulator STB's are better than the CM-7000 which is significant in my case. (Of course I'd like to receive HD and not just SD so I'm still looking...) I found that a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-850 tuner uses the LGDT3305 in an impressive list of technical details of PC tuner cards. NOTE: this list is for USB tuners which reeks of the "Mobile DTV" technology which could be better (deals with...
Sounds like this demodulator significantly improved multipath reception which is what I have to deal with. Sounds like all the new talk is about single chip receivers for mobile DTV which may not be the best technology for state-of-the-art multipath success. So what is the hot chipset these days?
Forgot to mention, if it had Firewire Transport Stream output - I'd buy it in a heart beat. I did find info about this unit saying it was a 5th generation ATSC tuner. Then some people saying each manufacturer has its own "generation" series - in other words one manu's 5th could equal another's 4th, etc. I found lots of reference to 6th gen, and some 7th gen, but no 8th gen. But under 7th generation, I found a DVICO (FusionHDTV7 RT Gold) HDTV Tuner Card which are...
I just found a local sale for a DTB-H260F and was wondering just how inferior the tuner is by today's standards. I have a CM 7000 coupon STB and wonder if the Samsung would bring in as many channels? I have an old Samsung direct view tube HDTV (DVI input) whose tuner is really weak compared to the CM. THE QUESTION: would this DTB-H260F be worth having or do I really need to buy a newer tuner (with HDD of course!) BTW they are asking $80 and I'm think $35 to $50 Oh,...
Actually let me clarify zoom: The FX card does not zoom the image, it stretches it vertically about 2x In all cases, the width is correct. So its probably taking the first 240 lines of the 480P and sending through the S-Video which results in the 2x stretch. Again, I think the current drivers are mis-handling this card.
Problem appears to be the FX 5200 itself. The S-Video produced is evidently corrupted. Changed to a MX 4000 w/S-Video and it works implicitly just like you would expect it to. It seems that the FX card identifies the S-Video as a "HDTV" which really does not make any sense. Its Auto Detect found either a 720P or a 480P resolution through the S-Video which again makes no sense. The zoom present in the FX S-Video at 480P was about 2X begging the question: Would it have...
EDIT It is very frustrating that a video card with S-Video output is basically unusable. I'm having difficulty with the "two monitors" when I try to do this: The PC monitor and the TV. EDIT I have a GeForce FX 5200 AGP card with TV-out (S-Video) and basically it is unusable. The TV output is offset massively and zoomed massively. I have the latest drivers - I got them from Nvidia's site and let the site identify the video card. Since XP will not allow Cloning,...
Its like the T-Virus is loose in Tablet Land.
Forget the Double Power. W*M customer reviews are about 50/50 1 or 5 stars. Half of them fail right away. And its probably worse when someone writes a positive review as soon as they get it. Back to the drawing board...
Just found a tablet comparison site that allow me to compare the Nexus 7 and Double Power T-708 which is less than the $99 D9018: http://tabletrocket.com/tablets/Google-Nexus-7-vs-Double-Power-T-708 They came about even. Seems there are lots of tablet CPU benchmarks out there too. Even for HiSense. Double Power is obviously either a new brand or very off-brand. But it is sold by W*M