or Connect

Posts by Steve911

Tough call without a side by side comparison in your room. There are plenty of reviews out there on both speakers (Audioholics, hometheaterreview, etc) so I'd start there. I think you personally can't go wrong with either one....
I agree. If your not looking to mount them on the wall, and can afford the potential bump in price, the Studio Monitors are getting great reviews for extending down low without the need for a sub...
I did the measurement earlier today, but at the time, the sub was set to 180 deg phase (vs 0 deg in the previous plot). Here is the plot, Audyssey was OFF. It still shows a difference of about a 5 dB difference in that 100-400 Hz range. Later I switched the phase to 0 deg and saw a nice bump up at the crossover freq region (80 Hz). 
I did not rerun Audyssey. I was just curious to see if things would change and was a bit surprised when they did. I agree, that 190 Hz dip looks awful peculiar for the center and left PM1000. I did so many iterations, I should probably remeasure each channel to make sure I didn't mess something up....
Yeah, at some point I should probably do a good search and contact them. I'd be curious to get a first-hand account of their setup, room, and what iterations they went through to arrive at all PC2000's. I really don't want to upgrade solely based on a frequency response plot, but I do know the PC2000 always sounds "fuller" than the PM1000's in my setup. In a perfect world, I would find a retailer that had free returns and try them out at home for a bit and decide if...
I use Room EQ Wizard (REW) for frequency response measurements. With a USB microphone (for about $100) and a laptop, you should have all you need to get started. Check out the Simpified REW Setup and Use forum here on AVS for more info. Speaking of REW, I went back and made a few more measurements to try and improve my "high" bass response between 100 and 400 Hz. I tried aiming the main speakers differently, different sub locations in the front of the room, different...
What is the sub distance tweak? I have a null I'd like to reduce or eliminate, and my sub position is limited to the front wall.
Todd, yes the difference between the sub and PM1000 response around 80 to100 Hz. I did not have Audyssey or DEQ on during the measurements. Here is the PM1000 only response with no smoothing. I only went out to 400 Hz. I also posted waterfalls for the sub only and PM1000 only data. Let me know what you think or if you'd like to see anything else. Thanks for your help!   
It's about 50/50. Mostly TV during the week with a few movies and a couple nights of streaming Pandora. The bass can be overpowering on some songs, but then again I listen with Dynamic EQ on I'm pretty much stuck with front wall placement only, but I could go with another sub in the opposite corner. I'm sure that would smooth things out, but would help the transition at the crossover frequency?
My Denon will set separate crossovers for front, center, and surrounds. I have tried 80, 90, and 100 Hz at different times and I feel like the transition from sub to mains blends better at 80 Hz than 100 Hz. I think I need to run the REW software again and measure the frequency response with both sub and PM1000 together with different crossovers. I first need to rerun Audyssey to get the crossover back down to 80 Hz so I can go from there.