or Connect

Posts by geeji

The complete LMP-H400 housing is an assembly of metal and plastic parts. Your top picture is the full metal+plastic assembly; your bottom picture is only the central metal part. See pictures in this post in the same thread. Note that by buying only the naked bulb and installing it yourself into your current lamp assembly, you would save about $400. Only a dozen screws involved, about 30mn of work being very careful not to mix parts. There is currently one on sale on ebay...
If you read the whole thread, you should know that although some old/new bulbs are more susceptible to the "hard start issue" than others, it mostly comes from the Ruby itself for those with S/N lower or equal to 2005136.For those, the only guaranteed solution is the "Hard Start Mod Kit", which considering its price and the Ruby's age, may be a poor alternative to a new projector...Enjoy your Ruby !PS : 8 years later, I was finally thinking about switching to the...
The answer to your problem may be buried in one of those threads : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2586101 http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4214 No warranty thou...
I confirm the problem on Resident Evil 1 & 2, as well as 3 : Resident Evil Extinction.I have the latest firmware [LG_BH_LV221BH_BH02100330A.ROM].All HD-DVDs made by Constantin Films.The workaround worked for all 3.
It is unfortunately a well known limitation of the early implementations of HDMI on the Mini : you could not get digital sound out of it.It has been corrected on the latest Mac Minis (starting 2011 if I remember correctly).AFAIK, since it is a hardware limitation, booting under Windows would not change it.
How many Blu-rays did you try and how many menus worked flawlessly ?
Search in ebay.com for : "Sony LMP-H400 Projector Lamp, Bulb Only-Original Lamp" or "Replacement Lamp LMP-H400 for Sony modules". I tested only the second (more expensive : $430 instead of $280) supplier, xenoarc, but he has no offer currently listed.
Thanks Craig, that's reassuring !What was especially worrying in the French tests and feedbacks is that even after hundreds of hours, the convergence/focus would remain unstable and continue to drift.And they were not stupid enough to re-converge after a cold start right out of the box, while the mis-convergence issue appeared also after hundreds of usage hours and convergence performed after warm-up.I very much doubt anyone of us wants to recalibrate in the middle of a...
I wonder if anybody in the US found the same unstable alignment/focus problem as found by French testers at www.hdfever.fr on the European version of the VPL-VW500ES : "Unfortunately, I will input about the only real concern of this projector. I found problems of convergence and apparently many new owners are also complaining about the forum HDfever. Upon ignition, the matrices are not well aligned with shifts more or less important depending on the model, but the problem...
The latest Macgo Blu-ray Player v2.9.x supports Blu-ray menus... kind of : there is a Preferences option where you can switch Menus support ON (default is OFF). But it is labeled as "beta" and rightly so : I tried 2 Blu-rays, none worked, the Player hanged. May be in 6-12 months ?...