or Connect

Posts by geeji

According to french HDFever : * Full HD 1080p 3D Home Cinema projection system * Sony's SXRD Panel technology * Contraste dynamique 150 000:1 * Full HD resolution in 3D mode * Flexible 3D setting mode * 240Hz Panel Drive * 2D to 3D conversion * Advanced Iris3 control * Motionflow / True 24p mode * Anamorphic Zoom mode * Electronically Adjustable Lens Shift * Multiple Cinema Modes * Wide range of Gamma...
Well, I finally took the time to install the Hard Start Mod Kit I ordered for my Ruby months ago. As I had one of the earliest Ruby, I had to install the full kit (8 different parts). As expected, the most cumbersome part was to lower the Ruby from the ceiling and then put it back... All in all, with great care not to loose any screw or damage any connector, about 4 hours. In addition to the Hard Start Mod Kit mounting instructions (DPPJ06-049), you will also need to...
According to Cinemotion web site, Sony VPL-VW90, in addition to 3D, will have a contrast ratio of 150 000:1. Available "end of the year". Unfortunately for VP-VWx00 lovers, likely no xenon lamp...
Available from Sony Parts, use Part Number A1206459A. Currently available. Check before your VW100 S/N thou : the FULL kit is only required for VPL-VW100 with S/N 2000001-2003986, while for S/N 2003987-2005136 you ONLY need to replace the Igniter Assy (A-1206-462-A), which is much less expensive (about $200 instead of $700).
Check your Ruby S/N. The "Hard Start Mod Kit" (A1206459A) is only beneficial if below 2005136. Note that the FULL kit is only required for VPL-VW100 with S/N 2000001-2003986, and that for S/N 2003987-2005136 you ONLY need to replace the Igniter Assy (A1206462A), which is much less expensive (about $200 instead of $700).
I agree. I had the same kind of issues with a previous Mac Mini, and Gefen HDMI Detective fixed it (it uncouples the Mac from the reverse HDMI dialog).
HDMI/DVI-D is digital, RGB is analog. Better to stay digital all the way, avoiding intermediate digital->analog->digital conversions.
You could try ignoring the HDMI audio and connect your Mac Mini to the Denon using the mini TOSlink from the audio jack; assuming you can tell the Denon to use the TOSlink and ignore the HDMI audio input. I have a late 2009 Mac Mini connected that way to a Yamaha AVR and never had your problem. The drawback is that you will loose DTS-HD MA which can pass only through HDMI.
Here what I use personnally : Apple Front Row (rips playback) Apple iTunes (for music) Elgato EyeTV 3.3 + ATV or OTA Tuner Plugin FrontRow PyeTV 2.0 (switch from FrontRow to EyeTV) DVDPedia (DVD rips cataloging) Plugin FrontRow DVDPedia 2.0.5 Perian 1.2 driver Sofa Control (extended IR control with Apple Remote) RipIt (DVD ripping) MenuMeters (display %CPU usage in Menu Bar) RPC1 or Auto-Reset firmware for the Mini (if more than 1 region for your DVDs) Region...
The same symptom could appear for a number of reasons : a defective lamp a lamp which became defective after an improper power outage (no cooling down) too much thermal paste between the bulb and its heatsink a weak lamp power supply if your VW100 S/N is below 2005136 If you installed yourself a replacement bulb into the heatsink, check #3 first. Then check your VW100 S/N; if below 2005136, you may benefit from the Hard Start Mod Kit (A1206459A), available from Sony...