or Connect

Posts by ront2

Had a Comcast rep going door to door in neighborhood (Portland) last Friday.He told me Comcast had just finished rewiring the whole area (Portland,Middletown,Cromwell,etc...)to their xfinity service that they are hyping now.He gave me a coupon/flyer with pricing and a channel lineup card.I will say they have added quite a bit of HD channels.The deal he was pushing was all three of their services (digital preferred cable,8.0 mbps internet,and digital voice for $89.99/mo....
I don't think you'll see any of that. Made the switch Weds.from Comcast to D* and everything I've watched has been perfect. I'd even go as far saying the HD on D* has made my older Mitsu rptv relative again.With Comcast the HD picture was starting to look soft and I was getting the same artifacting etc.. you are.So far with D* the HD looks real nice!
I'm in the same boat.Comcast is killing me! My son got an HD TV for x-mas so we have 3 hd TVs in the house.HD dvr in LR +2 HD receivers in Br's=over $130month.Been thinking about getting "D" either through AT&T or straight from D.Might save a little more from AT&T if I bundle w/my home phone & internet.I can get free upgrade to HD dvr,but they want $99 for each add. HD receiver(2).Anyone know away around this? Thought D leased their boxes now?Does "E" charge for additional...
I just got the RX V463 model and it does pass audio through HDMI.I also have the S350 player.The V463 was the best solution for the money for me to get HD audio.Don't how much more it is over the V363,but it might be something you could check out.
Picked up a 463 Sat. myself.So far so good.Still playing around with the settings etc..,gotta figure out how to program the Scene buttons.The OSD wasn't a big deal.The Pioneer (918?) I was looking had the same deal, no osd through hdmi.But it does audio through hdmi and thats why I bought it.Got a Sony blu-ray player(S350) back on Black Friday and I've been wanting an hdmi receiver to play lossless hd audio.Well my 6yr old Onkyo died last week and I wanted surround for the...
I've got an older Onkyo sr-502 that I'm looking to upgrade.Couple of days ago it stopped responding to the remote but otherwise works OK.This X-mas bought a Sony S350 BR player.Have it hooked up optical to receiver and hdmi to dvi to a 3-4yr old Mitsu RPTV with no "handshake" issues.My question is if I buy a newer receiver with hdmi jacks,will I be able to use hdmi from BR player to receiver and hdmi to DVI to Mitsu without any problems?And is one brand better than...
Anyone else having problems with these boxes?I have Comcast Middletown,Ct hooked up via comcast supplied hdmi cable to a Samsung LN32a450 LCD TV.I'm about to be on my fourth box! Picked up box #3 Saturday and it was dead by Sunday night.Same thing each time,go to turn on TV or just look down at the box,no clock display.Sometimes I get lucky and the box(s) will reset after I unplug for 10-30 seconds and plug back in.But not this time.Anyone have any ideas?I like having the...
HBOHD was terrible Sunday and Monday here on Comcast Middletown.Watched True Blood and Entourage Sunday night and I kept getting this stuttering,pixilation thing going on.Like someone hitting pause for 1/2-1 second every 10-30 seconds.Other Hd channels seemed fine.And of coarse it has to happen when Entourage is on,one of few shows I can't to see every week!!
I own the 32a450,but I compared it side by side to the 32a330 before I bought it.To me,the blacks looked a little better on the 450.I also liked all the extra adjustments the 450 series has.But the big thing for me was the speaker placement.The side speakers on the 32a330 made it too wide for the tv space I have in the bedroom.The 450 fit perfect.But, in terms of PQ to my eye they looked pretty darn close.
Heres a pic of pg 4.Yellow arrows point to service(usb)ports.Top of pic is the 26a450 and the 40a450,bottom are the 32 and 37a450's.