or Connect

Posts by RGlass

First off I want to thank everyone who has replied in this thread. My equipment includes: Lexicon MC-8B Dennon DVD-3910 I am (was) interested in 5.1 analog outputs to use the analog pass-through in the Lexicon. The Dennon is connected via analog inputs and S/PDIF. When listening to multi-channel disks the Dennon will not output over the S/PDIF digital connection. That was my reasoning for analog output support. The Lexicon doesn't have any HDMI inputs. I looked in the...
What I am looking for is a device that is equivalent to a CD player; but instead of playing physical media it plays digital files off a network hard drive. The output of this device would input into my pre-amp processor (Lexicon MC-8B). The user interface for this device would be a tablet, phone, or iPod touch device. So far I haven't been able to find a device. Something that is as simple to add to a system as a CD/DVD player.
I still listen to CD's, SACD's and DVD-A's. I want to convert over to listening to a digital music library. I would like to rip all of my physical media onto a computer or NAS. I don't want to give up on quality. I would also like to purchase music from places like HD Tracks and store the files on a computer or NAS. I am looking for a audio media player that can can play high quality audio files (192kHz/24 bit) and ripped SACD/DVD-A (if I can rip them) files. I want to...
Classe has updated their Delta line at CEDIA. It looks like they bumped up all 200W delta amps to 300W; or as one article stated they brought the CT electronics into the Delta line. The new amplifiers are shipping in September 2010. These are the amps I was waiting for. I need to start saving my pennies. Here are some links: http://www.ultimateavmag.com/content...wer-amplifiers http://www.cepro.com/article/classe_..._amplifiers/K8
I believe we are in a similar place. My Proceed AMP5 is adequate with the 802Ds. I would like to upgrade to something that will make the upgrade worth while. I think the good upgrade would be 3 M400's (L + R + center). But I am also on a budget and I don't know how much difference there would be between the Classe 200W amps vs. 400W. I am curious if Classe is going to upgrade their Delta amps to 300W to match their CT line? My Proceed is a 5 channel and I am using all 5....
Now that Classe has introduced a new "CT Series" might there be a chance they are going to upgrade the the Delta series (CA-xxxx) and introduce them at the next CEDIA? I am considering purchasing a CA-3200 to power my B&W 802D's and HTM2D center but I wouldn't mind a CA-3300 (300W a channel instead of the 200W).
I have been looking around for a good stand solution that would work in my environment. I have a HTM2D center channel. I am shopping for a LCD or Plasma flat panel to repose my current TV. I don't want to mount my TV on the wall. One problem I need to solve is where to put my center channel? Most of the stands I have seen for flat panels do not offer enough room for the HTM2D. I think I found something. This isn't the entire solution, I still need to find a place for...
I ended up replacing the lamp in my 60VS810. The picture has improved. But there seems to be a new (old?) problem. Sometimes the picture flickers or flashes. I remember seeing this problem when I first received my TV. I changed one of the video options (black level boost? or dynamic contrast?) and the problem went away. I also think the flickering starts to go away after the TV has been on for a few minutes. Maybe this is a warm-up or "break-in" issue with a new...
I have a 60VS810 that is about 5 years old. It has over 9600 hours on the original bulb and light engine. I have noticed that dark scenes are very difficult to see. I watched Unforgiven over the weekend and during the dark scenes at the end of the movie the picture was so dark I could hardly make anything out. I was watching the movie with the lights out. During the day the TV is very difficult to watch during the day as any non-bright scene is difficult to make...
I am curious as to the amplifiers people use for their 802D's. Are you happy with the amplifier(s) you are using? If you had to replace your amplifier(s), what would you purchase? I am using a Proceed AMP5 to power L+R 802D and center HTM2D. I want to upgrade this year. I am thinking of Classe (CA-3200) or Mark Levinson (No 433). I am also open to replacing my Proceed altogether with an appropriate 5 channel from Classe or maybe Mark Levinson. I have not had the...