or Connect

Posts by gonk

I haven't been following the Model 975 as closely as I'd planned to, but I did see this HTR review showed up this morning - may be of interest to folks following this thread.
There is been some discussion about Outlaw's new soundbar (the OSB-1) in their company-hosted forum for several weeks, but it actually went on sale today (shipping in a week or so). This is a powered unit designed using Atlantic Technology's H-PAS algorithms, so it achieves a -3dB point of around 47Hz. I had a chance to listen to Atlantic's AT-1 (the tower speaker that was designed using H-PAS) a couple years ago, and I was quite impressed. The soundbar is selling for...
The "Information" menu provides that info, if you don't mind pulling up the setup menu. Also, that menu is available via the web interface if you have it connected to your network.
From reading Outlaw's guide, the situation as I understood it was that the processor can only have seven speakers active at a time (suggesting it uses an eight-channel DAC), so you can set DSX to use either Wide or Height speakers - and when it is engaged in either mode (or when PLIIz is engaged), the surround back speakers will not be used.
My Explorer 8300's hard drive died a month or two ago, and the replacement is a newer model that has been a piece of junk almost from the get-go. Playback of recorded HD content is very choppy, particularly audio. In some cases, audio goes away entirely. Pausing and resuming tends to bring it back, although it sometimes comes back choppy. It seems to be related to the box itself. Anybody else run across this behavior? If replacing the box will help, I'll do it. If it's a...
Yes - the video settings are stored separately for each input, including whether you bypass the video processing and what resolution you want to output when you are using the video processing.
Quote: Originally Posted by glangford Any word on what is the sacd decoding chip? Same as the 83? Quote: Originally Posted by michdys Good question ! What about the "rice crispies", clicks & plops between tracks, wrong time indication... are these fixed on the 93 ? I'm not sure which chip you are referring to, so I'll offer two answers. The SoC (system on chip) is different from the BDP-83 - it is a customized version...
Sounds like a pretty well-behaved unit. In addition to the IR code update, folks might be interested to see that Outlaw has updated their guide and unlocked it (so you can print a copy). Handy for both existing owners and anybody thinking about buying. Here's the post from Outlaw on their site: Quote: For those who own, or are considering the purchase of a Marantz AV 7005, we have just released version 1.1 of the Outlaws' Guide to that product. As we indicated...
Marvell is the video processor, not the SoC. The SoC is a Mediatek chip. That being said, any video output via the primary HDMI port is going to go through the Marvell chip - DVD, BD, Netflix, ...
As long as you use the player's volume control, this can work.