or Connect

Posts by EvilYoda

I'm also curious as to what kind of line the 5000 needs. 20A? I looked at some of the spec sheets and must have missed it.
I'd also suggest looking at this USB DAC as it's gotten pretty great reviews, especially at its price: http://us.hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50 Here's the thread on diyaudio.com: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/219140-hifimediy-es9023-te7022-24-96-usb-dac.html I just received one a few days ago and so far I'm absolutely loving it. It's USB and TINY so once you're done using it with the laptop you can always shift it to a...
I'm interested in this look as well...I'm still months away from buying/building my speakers but I'd like to see more designs with a floating waveguide. I also have the option of using my buddy's 3D printer to "print" a mount.
Hmmm...I might be able to make use of these. Where exactly in SE Michigan? (I'm sure you're not far) And, any details on the speakers? Regardless, this is very kind of you.
Beautiful! Would it be counter-productive/harmful to create an "enclosure" for the back part of the horn and CD? It wouldn't be too difficult to whip something up with a 3D printer and make it blend in with the bottom cabinet(s)...(haven't decided if I want it exposed or not, but I do like the stacked/separate look)
I always liked the idea of the horn floating on top instead of mounted behind/inside of a baffle (yeah, young and single ) - have there been many examples of this yet? I'm not sure how I'd go about doing it but with all of my engineer friends and access to just about any type of equipment at the local tech co-op, I could go pretty crazy with it.
That's awesome! I'm glad to see someone sharing two of my hobbies. Crossfit or no?
Horse stall matting, kettlebells, atlas stones...looks like a nice S&C or Crossfit gym you have there. (Nice work on the speakers too, thanks for the detailed writeup!)
QFT = Quoted For Truth...just means "yep, what he said was right".
Erich has a listing up for the Hitmakers up on DIYsoundgroup.com but he's still working on a price - still no writeup on Paul's page yet.