or Connect

Posts by jch2

I just installed both a Panasonic TC-P65VT50 plasma (2012, uses Bluetooth glasses) and a Panasonic PT-AE8000U projector (2012, uses IR glasses). I have an older P54VT25 (2010, uses IR glasses) which is now in the master bedroom. I also have seven pairs of IR glasses (one TY-EW3D10U that came with the TV and six TY-EW3D2MU that came with the Avatar starter kits). The glasses work with the AE8000U just fine. I know that the newer TY-EW3D3MU glasses are a bit lighter... don't...
That is a great find, and a great bargain. Thanks for posting the link!
Quote: Originally posted by tycoondog2 The manual is correct, just badly written. It is referring to the fact that the projector can be placed level with the top of the screen with out having to mount it upside down. The projector can not be placed above or below the hight of the screen. David of Entertainment Designs here in Minneapolis said he mounted a XV-Z10000U 47" above the top of the screen, level (no tilt) and was able to compensate with lens...
Quote: Originally posted by D_B_0673 why can't you lower the PJ under the micro lam beam. Build a new enclosure under the beam in the correct position. Duct the heat up through the joist space behind the beam into and through the space you were originally going to put the pj. ( use a fan at the end or the pipe that turns on when the pj turns on) You could have a second duct bringing in fresh cool air. Seal it up and you have a quiet operation. Thanks...
I've got a house being built (new construction) with a greatroom I want to put a front-projection setup in that has 12' ceilings. I've built a 2'x2'x2' enclosure in the middle of the back wall as low as I can get it on the wall (problem with the microlam in the way, can't get it any lower). With the screen in the optimal position, the projector will sit 36" above the top of the screen. I'm looking at HD2 or HD2+ DLP projectors like the DWIN TransVision 3+, SharpVision...