or Connect

Posts by peterho3

Got the PCI to PCIE adapter today and put 2 AMD video cards in my pc and both 3D and HD Audio bitstream finally works as desired. Too bad there is no way to lock down the PCI adapter card so it is just hanging loose. Also video through the PCIE adapter is lagging so it is strictly for audio bitstream only. BTW bitstream with Nvidia cards simply won't work under Vista. Wish I had read it earlier so I don't have to waste time trying.
I gave up after a day of struggle. Put back my AMD and everything is back to normal. Wonder why Nvidia do thing so differently. Will try my last shot with PCI adapter when I get one. BTW the Support Formats shown is still only Dolby Digital and 48.0KHz so it has no connection to bitstream.
Bad......swap my HD6670 with a Gigabyte GT630 and nothing seems to work. I can get audio on either hdmi or dvi, but when I switch to 7.1 in Sound Configure I get no audio in test tone. In TMT6 I can't get DTSHDma bitstream but DTS only or I can mix to LPCM. In PDVD12 the option of bitstream is simply gone and also LPCM only. And no 3D when playing any 3D bluray. I tried both hdmi and DVI ports and updated to latest driver 314.22 but same result. Could it have anything to...
Thanks but is it true that as the first post of this FAQ said when using Nvidia and DLP projector (mine is Benq W1070) "One emitter is needed to setup 3D Vision Drivers"? Now I can get 3D bluray working straight away with my AMD card alone. I see the Nvidia 3D kit is quite expensive so not sure if it really is necessary to work with any Nvidia card and that's why I go with AMD. Hope someone can confirm the situation. I read that the PCI to PCIE adapter may not work with...
I see there are PCI to PCIE adapter selling on ebay. Looks promising. Will it work with a second PCIE video card like HD5450 for HD audio bitstream? Anyone tried it this way? http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-Expresscard-X1-X4-X8-X16-to-PCI-Card-Adapter-New-/170775887546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c3093eba I see also PCI version of HD5450 by HIS but they are very expensive so I will try to avoid them and will consider it as my last...
I see there is a PCI Express 1x slot besides my HD6670 but too bad it is block by the big fan of my videocard. I guess it is time for me to return the card and settle with what I have.....
Just tried to plug an ASUS HD5460 into a PCI slot after removing my Xonar HDAV Slim and only then I found out there is a stop in the middle of the slot preventing me from inserting the video card. Is that I need to cut it off with a sharp knive and it will work? Or it is just not meant for my 5 years old motherboard and PCI slot? It is too scary a job for me to be honest!
This sounds adventures to me! I am still with Vista 32bit. Is it simply plug in another video card and it will work straight away with my existing AMD driver? Will it matter if I buy another brand of HD5450 if the HD6670 I have is Gigabyte? I see the Gigabyte HD5450 has fan while Asus or some other does not. I plan to go with a less power hungry one so I don't have to beef up my power supply as well.
...double post.
Got a problem with 3D bluray. I can get 3D working with hdmi direct to my projector but not DVI+hdmi adapter on my Gigabyte HD6670. Is DVI port on my card not meant to work with 3D bluray at all or I need some special kind of adapter for my DVI to work the same as hdmi? I see the pins are DVI-D on both DVI port and adapter. Also read that DVI can also carry audio so my question is that can my DVI port bitstream HD audio just like the hdmi port? If so what kind of adapter...