or Connect

Posts by ATWindsor

Mixing usually done in heavily absorbed locations, thats not ideal for listening it turns out. And to be a bit blunt, why should i care what the mixer wants? I want the best listening experience, wheter that is the same experience the mixer envisioned or not. Listening to music wich you can hear comes from one point in space (the speaker) isn't so nice. But anyhow, putting different view-points about this to the side, lets say you want to reproduce the mixers intent all...
I have a couple of question about the Audyssey-system, I am sure this has been answered before som place in the thread, but it is huge, so apologies if people are tired of theese questions: 1. I qoute the Audyssey-website: "Voice and dialog become focused and intelligible, musical balance is restored, musical instruments and sound effects become precisely localized," Is this a good thing? The research i have seen an artcles/books seem to indicate the a large apparant...
I think this could be very interesting for other members of this thred also, so i would like very much to see this info, if you can take the time. AtW
Thanks for the tip, however I am not american, so I probably won't be buying in the states. I am more interested in what kind of TV-models that exists with theese features, so i can ty to get a hold of one used from someplace. AtW
I am looking for a 100 Hz 4:3 26-30 inch CRT TV/monitor. Does anyone have a good tip for a model? Sound quality is unimportant, however having a thin frame is pretty important and vga-input wouldn't hurt. I am thinking of using it in an arcade-machine. I currently have a sony 28-inch-monitor of some sort, but its only 50 Hz. AtW
The citation concerns setups for living-rooms/ home-theatre-setups in normal homes. AtW
To site Floyd Tools book: "When viewed from the perspective of what a surround loudspeaker is intended to do, the dipole configuration falls short. In terms of generating evolopment, the significant sounds arrivie at the listnener from ineffective directions: the front and rear walls. In terms of delivering strong, high-quality, direct sounds to all listeners for purposes of localizing sound effects the dipole attenuates the very sounds that are need to initiate the...
To site Floyd Tools book: "When viewed from the perspective of what a surround loudspeaker is intended to do, the dipole configuration falls short. In terms of generating evolopment, the significant sounds arrivie at the listnener from ineffective directions: the front and rear walls. In terms of delivering strong, high-quality, direct sounds to all listeners for purposes of localizing sound effects the dipole attenuates the very sounds that are need to initiate the...
Frankly, the more i read about the auditory system (i try to use that word, since the brain is a big part of how we hear), the more impressed I am with the incredible performance it can have in manu situations. That beeing said, for some thing the auditory system is not very good (or is easily fooled, or whatever you want to call it), and I certainly have little faith in all the strange claims about what humans can hear. And frankly i get a little bit annoyed when people...
Well, software is usually better when it comes to the ability to customize. Let say i could get a tag in my files that ordered it to use/not use the upmixer, or similar. And its also more useful to do eventual room-correction after upmixing. However I have very littly practical knowlengde about whats avaialble, the technologies you mention are they in most recivers, and do they give a satisfactory result? Are there better alternatives? AtW