or Connect

Posts by maddbomber83

I appreciate your response and confirmation of the route I'm looking at. When browsing their wiki I stumbled upon an ALPHA board they are working on (and apparently you can acquire) that will add Z-Wave support. This would bake this ~ $400 controller able to handle X10/Insteon, Zigbee and Z-Wave which is perty cool.
So far, the Universal Devices has been recommended as the 'base' of this system. - This would be a stand alone controller / program that by default handles the X10/Insteon/Zigbee
Hello;First, thank you for taking the time to click/read this post .I am using this post to both ask questions / get advice and to organize my thoughts.Background:I am looking to retrofit my current home with some smart home capabilities. I also want to do this myself as I love to tinker.I have experience with several scripting languages and am not afraid to learn a new syntax.As this is a retrofit, I want the majority of the system to use communication over power and/or...
I'm going to go ahead and make a huge mistake by sending my wife a link to this thread...
your comcast lets you use dvi? snif snif, mine still says I have to wait for them to upgrade something. I have not plugged my Doom3 in yet to see how it looks, but on comp, wow. . .
hmmm. . . Your area must get the support then, hopefully when mine does it will work better. I have 2 component inputs and 1 dvi input in the back of my tv. I am hooking up the cable, dvd player, and computer to the tv. The computer needs 25' cables to reach the tv/audio reciever. I was hoping that I didn't have to buy a 25' dvi cord but I guess I do now.
A guy in my TV forum and comcast email support answered my question. I have found calling comcast about HDTV is not an option. Thier email tech support though is proving better than I thought. It turns out the problem is just what you stated, Comcast in my area is still developing the softwere for the DVI out on the TV and it will be activiated at a later date and we'll get the info about it. Thank you much.
I have found calling comcast about HDTV is not an option. Thier email tech support though is proving better than I thought. It turns out the problem is just what you stated, Comcast in my area is still developing the softwere for the DVI out on the TV and it will be activiated at a later date and we'll get the info about it. Thank you much.
ok, new problems I got the ATI DVI to Component and it works great. Only problem is there is still the slight refresh issue no matter what the setting. It is ALOT less noticeable now, enough to not be an issue. The Next problem I am having is with my Comcast HD Box. It is a scintific atlanta Explorer 3250HD. The componnent works great on it, but when I hook up the DVI with a DVI-D single link cable I get no picture. Any suggestions?
When the Comcast guy came out he said the DVI cord would cost $100 dollars to get, then they could hook it up. I have a single link DVI-D cable and I hooked it up to the Explorer and to my TV and did not get any picture. Do you know a way to fix this? The Explorer website did not have any information about this except to contact comcast. The component connection works and the sound comes in no problem. The TV I am using is the C27V36 From Zenith (27" HDTV Monitor)