or Connect

Posts by parlyle

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have at least a good short term memory. Not great, just good. I stand corrected.............Carry on........
Thanks for the super quick reply JD. ( I am amazed at your ability to be all places on this forum at all times ) As I was looking over solutions for other tv's I noticed a similarity of getting rid of the tv volume indicator by turning off "HDMI-CEC". I went to the "Aquos LInk" setup and it was ON. Turned it OFF and the indicator went away.Another problem solved with help of this great forum............ThanksLyle
A belated thank you for the post. I still have the "problem" with the 2 volume indicators. My TV is a Sharp Aquos Quattron 1080P-240Hz Model: LC-60LE845U.My "Audio" GUI is grayed out when menu is pressed, so not able to access that.Thanks again for your help.Lyle
Just sent you a PM.Hope everything works out for you. I got the 18GB RedMere cables and hooked them up. My mind might be playing tricks, but I think that the PQ on my Sharp LC-60LE845U is a little sharper now.I do think that the RedMere cables are a lot easier to hook up because of the smaller diameter of the cable.Monoprice has a good explanation of the RedMere cable specs and if you Google RedMere you get a lot of good information about the cables from the company that...
One thing to remember is that those cables are one (1) directional. That is the have to be installed correctly. One end is marked "TV" and the other is marked "Source". I had trouble with a Dish "Joey". Had a tech come over to fix it. He looked at the HDMI cables and said that I had installed it wrong. Swapped ends and it worked great. Good Luck.............
This is an interesting post. I had gotten on of the first Mitsubishi "DLP" televisions a few years ago and in the process of setting it up, it was suggested that I get a Battery Backup "UPC" for the TV and all the other components on my system. This was because in case of a power outage, the lamp needed to be cooled down gradually and not just shut off. I got one. And it also suggested that I get what is called a "Power Conditioner" which "cleans" the power that comes into...
I have the AVR-2113. Just downloaded the new firmware and noticed a change on screen. When I increase the volume with my Harmony One, I see the volume indicator on screen, but I also have the indicator from the Sharp TV also. I haven't ever seen both of them at the same time. I haven't checked the forum for similar problems, but wanted to see if this is a common problem or not. If I go to the Menu on the TV, and go to Audio control, all the selections are grayed out. My...
Thanks for the response. I will use the info..............Now to gather the time to get this done. I have had the set since last September, so it should be broken in by now.Lyle
I am not well acquainted with the Panny yet. Where do I find the "ycbcr 422 and 444 and 60hz vs 24p"I have looked at both of the discs just to get a flavor of both of them and I tend to lean toward the DVE. I think there is a Youtube on using the WOW. I might look at that too.Thanks for the response!Lyle
I am in the process of trying to get my Panasonic DMP BDT500 ready to calibrate the new Sharp LC-60LE845U. I have the Panny going into a Denon AVR-2113 via HDMI and then HDMI into the Sharp TV/ARC HDMI input. I am going to use either the Disney "WOW" disk or DIGITAL VIDEO ESSENTIALS- HD BASICS. I would like to have some input as to how I should set up the Panny and if possible which calibration disc to use. I have some knowledge as to how to go through the calibration...