or Connect

Posts by TheLion

Dear Peter, I would also like to thank you for showing me the light and guiding me in this direction. It was your initial report about the Quested LT series that peaked my interest. It has been nothing but a fun ride ever since... I went full out and got an 3-way active LT20 setup, that also kind of inspired Norman ;-) One thing is special: I am using IIR and FIR based digital XOs (software based running JRiver MC, Acourate/Audiolense...), going out to 2 daisy chained...
Thanks, Mark! I myself am one of the first owners of Nathan's/your TSAD. I ordered what is now the 2012 18.3. I am a bit puzzled about the ground plane measurements Nathan posted. I was hoping for a larger difference between 18.0 and 18.3 in the 15Hz-35hz range (the one the PRs are supporting). Nathan speaks of twice the output - but +3db isn't twice the output even if 2 18.0 are located several feet from each other (you will still get almost +6db at 15Hz-20Hz). With...
Mark stated several times that he doesn't use Eminence LAB 15 stock drivers - but a highly customized version of it. Eminence keeps the LAB 15 in its portfolio so that some basic components (like moving parts) keep getting produced for Marks needs.
Hi Nate,thanks for the Ground Plane measurements. These look good when compared to Illka's and Data-Bass numbers. As you have pointed out such comparisons are always tricky. 2m ground plane should be very similar, but the measurement routine and equipment differs.I sincerely hope you also did include your 18.0 and/or 18.3 platforms using either TC Sounds 5400 or 5100 Pro driver in your extensive testing. These would be the perfect point of reference and should make the...
Personally I value the same attributes you mention. For a truly forward, "in your face" presentation you need to look at horn speakers. Depending on your listening distance and the acoustic properties of your room relatively low efficiency dome speakers like the B&W are the opposite of "forward , direct" sounding when compared to a high efficiency, controlled/tight dispersion speaker. The Danley SH-50s have rather unique qualities in this regard. ->...
I know this exact problem very well
It was quite a ride since I started this very thread. My SH-50 front stage performed admirable for over a year now. I have never felt regret making the switch from Genelec and Seaton. But in times like this there are more important things in life - a new job that actually pays more than just the rent and still is enjoyable for once. For that reason we will have to relocate and leave our house and dedicated room behind us.Therefor I will also have to let the Danleys go......
Hello Bill,regarding your choice of speakers I have sent you a PM that might be of interest ;-)
Great! Please make sure to have your TSAD 18" driver reviewed. That would give confidence and a good idea of the performance for all solutions based on it (18.3, 18.0) and will make shipping to Data-Bass so much easier ;-) Thank you!
Hi Nathan! Did you give my recommendation to let Data-Bass (http://www.data-bass.com) evaluate some of your premium offers a thought? I am thinking the 2012 18.3 (I really like mine) and 18.0 would be great choices. Or simply let the TSAD 18" driver on its own go head to head with the others tested by Data-Bass. In my opinion such an objective test by a neutral, trusted third party would significantly increase the confidence in your products. Before I made my decision...