or Connect

Posts by Russianblue

not a regular poster here but i am holding on to mine as well. i had one of the samsung models for a month or two but the picture quality wasn't as good. also, the slow menus.....good GAWD. anyway, is there a guide for upgrading the hard disk on the 8300? do you just clone the old one and expand one of the partitions? something tells me it is more involved than that.
MCACC vs AudysseyClass D vs not.i would order both and return one. i would probably never have picked the 1222 based on stats alone. you GOTTA hear it. end of story.
Mingus, i concur with your assessment of the CD player switch. in general, the Pioneer's 'transitional performance' could have been a bit better thought out. when i auditioned the onkyo 818, i noticed the user interface definitely being more polished, not only aesthetically, but also in terms of one's ability to adjust video and sound parameters while not interrupting current programming etc. the sound though. the sound the sound the sound. i keep coming back to it. ...
i would say that mine barely even gets warm. WAY WAY cooler than my 8300HDC cable box which sits on top of it. In fact, i think the heat goes the other way (from the box to the AVR). It's a complete non-issue for me. As far as the front, i don't think it's aluminum. It doesn't look bad at all. for this price, i think you have to make some sacrifices. you could step up to the SC-63 for a few hundred more....i think it has the aluminum. just depends how much it's...
it did the same thing on my Roku XS and my cable box 8300HDC. i have my Roku fixed at 1080p. Cable box is set to output only 720p and 1080i. I went through the resolution settings on the AVR. didn't seem to help. however, it may well have happened initially when fiddling with the resolution settings so hopefully we are on the right track. i will try swapping HDMI cables tonight. to boot, pink cast is probably not the correct word. it's SO pink, it completely...
well..uhh.....adjusting video settings tonight and suddenly, there is a massive PINK cast to the entire picture. the only way i can get rid of it is to turn off V. Conv and all of the associated video capabilities. works fine like that. but...is it broken? i am worried that something is wrong. i really don't want to have to get into a back and forth returning this thing for $25 return shipping each time....not to mention going without sound.
javygonx, i am posting what you told me via PM here because it needs to be made available to the general public. If you are having issues with the iControl app, make sure you have the correct app installed. There are two versions in the Google Play store! 1. iControl AV2 2. iControl AV2012 to control the sc-1222k, i required iControl AV2012. AV2 would NOT work. don't get them confused. when you type in iContr while searching, it will pull up the wrong one. so just...
i am using a 10' redmere cable on my brand new panasonic GT50 from my brand new Pioneer SC-1222k and cannot seem to get the ARC to work. it's not that big of a deal because i have a STB and a Roku....but there IS a youtube app on the TV i would like to use. As of now i cannot get the sound to work with this cable. the Viera link youtube app is really neat. better than the damn PC in my...
well, in a somewhat 'stunning' turn of events, i have decided to keep the Pioneer and return the Onkyo TXNR818. The Onkyo beat the pioneer in fit and finish, on-screen display, remote (by a long shot), overall flexibility and functionality....but fell WOEFULLY short in THE one primary area that counts. > POWER! < (and resulting sound quality). i don't get it frankly. the Pioneer is rated at 120wpc @ 8ohm compared to the Onkyo's 135wpc. maybe it's the Class D...
i am struggling with something here after 2 days and about 12 hours of viewing my new 65GT50. i have tried 4 or 5 different calibration settings, including D-Nice's and the CNET settings, but am not sure i can live with the 'brightness level' of this panel for standard viewing. The GOOD: Blu-Ray and 3D are absolutely ASTOUNDING. I have ZERO complaints. I cannot imagine it being much, if any better. I have watched The Lorax (absolutely breathtaking in BluRay and BluRay...