or Connect

Posts by drunkpenguin

What a difference a tower makes!!! I thought I'd report back in case anyone else ends up in a similiar predicament. The Primus P363 timber-matches very well with the beta 50's. I have no technical data proof or anything but from the ears of a so called audiophile I think they blend together great! Its a giant leap forward from the c360 I replaced it with. It's funny the speaker drivers are all the same size but just being vertical really brings it to life. I was not...
Mine has no problem with me spending money on the theater, or any other hobby I have. I'm lucky I guess. Not to sound like an A$$ but she accepts that I make the money and I get to chose where it goes. She does however think I am crazy every time I wanna do something to improve sound. I'll get that "but it sounds fine that way it is" and then after the upgrade I the "wow you were right it sounds amazing!" Hmm, when I type it, it does sound a bit sacrastic lol!
Yours and mine would get along great! I'm sorry but if I had a wife that veto'd anything I wanted to do I wouldn't have a wife. I feel bad for every guy thats in that position, but then again they chose the life style I suppose.
I saw that ebay listing. I asked the guy if he would sell them individually but no go. Hes selling 7 speakers plus a receiver, which I dont need. I decided against ditching my 50's. I love them too much. I found a P363 for pretty cheap and ordered one. Ill give it a chance at center duty and see how it goes. Timber match may be off some but I'll see if it works for me. I've read that the beta series drivers were better than the current 363s so I might try an...
Hey guys, i need some advice. I have an all Beta setup including 2 50s and a 360. My problem is the 360 just doesnt cut it for me. It doesnt sound very good sitting next to the 50s. I wish I could find a 50 to use as my center but you all know how hard it is to find one. I've read alot of bad reviews on infinity's new line so I'm looking for replacements. I really want 3 matching speakers on the front stage. I hate to ask this here, but if you guys were going to...
Ok well shortly after posting this I am remodeling and raising the screen high enough to put floor standers underneath it. Since I cannot find another Beta 50, any one have any opinions on replacing these with a bit of an upgrade? I can probably spend 500 per speaker. Also, I live in Southern New Mexico, there really are no places to go for auditioning.
Heres my dilema, I'm using an all Infinity Beta setup right now, c360 for center, 50's for left and right, and es250s for surrounds x4. Receiver is a Marantz SR7002 with an Emotiva xpa-5 amp. The room is treated with traps and obsorption in all the usual places. The room sounds absolutely amazing in all aspects, but the center is by far the weakest link. It tends to sound tinnie during high volume action scenes. It's hard to describe but the speaker just sounds cheap...
This is an old post but is the 360 still available? Let me know Im interested!
I have a projector that does not give me vertical stretch. I've had a HTPC for years but thinking of getting rid of it. I bought an OPPO bdp-93 that claimed to do vertical stretch but can't on java based titles so I'm returning that. I'm looking for other models that I should look at, or if I keep the HTPC would like some current software recomendations. I'm looking for an easy solution, not a rip the movie and re-encode and look for subtitles on the internet and...
Well I went to inspect the box and it wasn't as bad as they made it sound. They bent the pins that the speakers attach to and theres a minor dent in the back of the unit. They let me take it home to test it and the thing works just fine. No internal damage so I'm gonna let it go. I don't wanna waste any more time on this I want my movie theater back! In truth I could have packaged it a bit better I guess but this should say something for the build quality of Marantz! ...