or Connect

Posts by RioRebel

Well, I did some more experimenting, and got it reading my UPnP NAS, but it's definitely going back. Here's why: After a pretty thorough effort, and finding what I thought was the silver bullet device profile for Plex, I couldn't get it to stream my mkv's. Maybe I could eventually get it going, or try serviio, but I have never seen anything load so slowly. It took literally 4 minutes when I was finally able to load a movie off of my UPnP NAS. The weird thing is...
Thanks. You are not the only person I have seen that said they were able to stream to this player, but by providing the serviio link you clearly are using the term "stream" the same way I am. In some of the other places I've read, people seem to use the term "stream" when they really mean just reading the file from a location and playing it. And it's pretty clear on the box that they say mkv won't stream...but it's good to hear that you are doing it. Maybe the box is...
I picked one of these up yesterday, and spent a few hours checking it out and trying to research it on the internet when it wouldn't play my mkv files. On the box itself, Sony lists the file types it supports. But there is a footnote on the list, and it says that you can play mkv (and a couple of other file types I don't remember) ONLY through the USB port, not streaming. From my experience, this is true. However, I have seen several discussions on the net where...
I've decided to live with my issue until Monoprice gets in those Redmere cables.
Thanks for the advice, Soulpunisher. I need to be as thrifty as possible, but apparently I got a little TOO thrifty. I'll rip the projector out and watch black and white tv before I buy a Monster cable. As to the guys who have never had problems, you ARE lucky. I have had problems with certain devices not working with certain other devices all along, and various devices that require being turned on in a certain order to work. I really resent the situation that we...
They didn't list the one I was hoping for: During any 3D movie, two to four times, the picture will black out but the audio will continue. After several seconds (maybe 10), the picture will come back on. It's hard to troubleshoot, because it is infrequent and appears 30 or 40 minutes into the movie. I am going from a Panasonic BD110 blu-ray to an Onkyo HT-RC360 receiver, to an Optoma HD33 projector. I have tried switching cables between the bd player and receiver, but...
I need this, too. I am thrilled with my new HD33, but can't bring the brightness down enough for my room (12'6" throw, 95" screen). I've been reading as much as I can find about ND filters, but can't seem to find info on how to attach them, lens size of projectors, etc.
Oh, I think I read it wrong. That's already in eco mode. My projector has an eco mode, AND a "high brightness or high contrast" mode (Sharp Z2000), so I get confused sometimes.
Thanks. According to that review, if I read it right, it can go even lower in eco mode: "Uncalibrated Cinema 1 mode (our basis for "best") still manages 923 lumens (we didn't calibrate Eco-mode, which we noted already looked very good)!"
Spoken like a fellow Mississippian. LMAO. Can anyone confirm for me - according to Coderguy's calculator, the Epson 3010 in low lamp mode is actually less bright than the Optoma HD33. I can't find the definitive specs, even the user manuals on their websites. The Epson doesn't give a specific lumen output in low lamp mode, and the Optoma doesn't mention it at all. I need to throw a 95" projection from 12'5" (can adjust an inch or two) in a completely dark room...so the...