or Connect

Posts by sikoniko

Quote: Originally Posted by CINERAMAX Agreed!!! I agree. these speakers absolutely blew me away. I've been thinking about ordering some. I would say that they were the best of CES in what they offer in the little package at that price point.
I always enjoy the evolution acoustics room paired w/ dartzeels at THE Show. this year I was absolutely blown away by the minis. OMG! they are a huge sound in a small package.To the OP... Speaker choice always come down to what you are looking for in audio. very precise and finite or a monster soundstage? The new 800diamonds are best in class IMO for monster soundstage that can make a room sound 10x larger than it is. very finite I would swing the other direction to...
To me, the Bryston is kinda on the bright and possibly forward side and the classe is more neutral and transparent. It just depends on what you like. there is nothing wrong with either... Since it was mentioned above, I also like the BAT amps, but they are more on the darker side to me unless you get into their tube stuff... I don't know what would sound the best w/ the VMPS stuff. I've only heard them at THE SHOW and have never been impressed. no offense meant...
full bit-rate PCM is not bad though. I doubt you could tell the difference between DDTHD or DTSMA and LPCM. You aren't losing anything and as long as you aren't staring at the ssp while watching a movie, you'll never know a difference.
Isn't it 'status'?
I had high hopes to use an htpc as an all-in-one box like you are... There were compromises so I went back to using my PS3 as my BD player. I use my htpc w/ my ceton card to watch tv exclusively...
I had this issue when I used the auzentech 7.1 card... it would not happen on DD or DTS, just on high bit-rate. the fix was to get the ATI card and throw the auzentech away. If I had to guess, it might be a driver/EDID issue...
the one I was reffering to was the display being presented directly to the source, or vice versa... I know this because I use an HTPC. My video card sees the ssp-800 as the display device, not my projector. I had issues with an hdmi card I had bought for the PC, as the sound was getting screwed up and Dave basically said that he wouldn't fix it if I was the only one having the issue. If enough people bring it forward, they will investigate. either way, it proves what James...
You guys type too much... at one time Dave told me that they have to sync HDMI encryption every 3 seconds in order to keep their certification. translate that into your ideas and I think you'll find one of them doesn't work.
+1 but then again, I don't mess with it much after it is configured... I turn all of the OSD stuff off.