I live right accross the street from the Tustin Market place. Where is the Magnolia store? I want to see this TV! Nevermind, I know now. Where the old Ikea was and next to Blank Angus. I will be there tomorrow!!
Damn this is a great thread filled with excellent information. I was really to pull the trigger on the Denon but I am holding off until I start seeing some reviews. I like my equipment to match so if I buy an Onkyo amp I will also try their Onkyo DVD player too. I want to really be able to enjoy my SACD/DVD Audio disks all over again. I want to buy today but I am sure my patience will pay off in the long run.
If you want to use the amp to switch then you were right in hooking the HD-DVD to the amp and then to the TV. As for the new TV purchase, I feel your pain. I am doing the same thing now. The thing that's makes it any easier is that I bought the TV from Costco and it has been giving me some issues lately. .
This is alot of money for my wife and I to spend and these 2 products are both what I need/want in a receiver. We are slowly going to make changes to all of our equipment over the next year and this is really am important thing for me to get right. I have been in sales now for 20 years and I can feel myself working myself up into a freenzy over the 875 and the 3808ci. I am very brand loyal and 60% of me wants the Denon and the other 40% is saying hey you never try new...
This is what I needed to know, thanks for the help and I thnk I am going to want to test them side by side now rather than pre order the Denon without a listen to what else is out there. I wish I could find a place and order them both with the understanding one would be returned.
Thanks for posting. I guess I am someone who in the past did not put a lot of time or effort into selecting the right amp and I would like to change that if there is something as good or better. I like the ethernet options of the Denon but I like the THX Ultra 2 certification and Reon chip in the Onkyo 875. This is a tough one for me and in the past I associated Quality with Denon and bang for your buck with Onkyo knowing it is not fair to generalize in this way.
I know this is an Onkyo forum but I want some help finding which of the Onkyo amp would compare to the Denon 3808ci that is coming out in a week or so. I am blindly going to buy the Denon unless I see there is an amp that can compete at that price point of $1599 retail. Would this be the 875 or the 905 and which amp would you rather have? I want to keep an open mind and make sure I get an amp I can keep for 6-10 years.
Thanks for the reply. I now need to make sure the Onkyo 905 will not be a better fit. This is a lot f money and I tend to keep what I buy for 6-10 years. The speakers will be last and I will put the most thought into the ones I buy.