or Connect

Posts by griffindodd

Sounds like we are facing very similar issues. I'm a pretty experienced designer (although not in home theater) so I'm good with space and form. I may have to rely on some optical tricks to get the feel I want in the space I have available but that's all the fun of the process. I won't really know what I can get away with until I speak with my contractor closer to the date and understand what kind of space I can eek out, who knows I may be able to push a wall an extra two...
Yes I had to go for off center as I only have room for one aisle, but the angle of view is so shallow it's not something that is a deal killer.
Not sure yet, we're having the company come in and do a site survey in a month or so.
It's by a company called Chief Architect, they have a bunch of different packages that do similar stuff, depends on the level of expertise you require. I just like to use it to do general layout and artists impressions rather than specific build details.
Holy Crap Jautor, I just looked at the picture gallery of your build, absolutely exquisite, beautiful, stunning, elegant, wonderful!!!!! Well done sir that is something to be extremely proud of without question. As I get my dimensions locked in then I can really start to focus on the details. I am very tempted to recreate a Star Wars style theater, just for the hell of it, and the opportunity to create something way beyond the norm. I get so much from user communities and...
Yep point understood on the AC. In the arcade room I think I may add high windows that tilt open to aid the issue, fortunately we are installing solar on the house so that will take care of the AC bills. If I can manage to push the addition out to 12ft wide at least for the bathroom and arcade than I can get some nice space benefits, in the arcade 10 standard cabs and one sit down or a pinball machine. One of my big goals is to own an Addams Family pinball, so it would...
BigMouth's point was well received, something I hadn't thought about. So I went back and built out this version which is making a lot more sense. Now i still have the indoor/outdoor bar but it works as more a part of the social/family area. We have a small pee room for recycling all those home made beers which is also in very close proximity to the arcade and theater. The theater room is nwo a respectful 16ft long giving us that oh so important extra few feet of eyeball...
This is a very good point, I'm going to chew on this a bit
Next revision. Decided I had to have a pee-closet in that area, so I added that to the design. Down to 6 arcade machines now, but that's still fine, plenty of fun still to be had there and a good use of shared space in the arcade for general foot traffic. In the HT room the entrance passage steps up to 20" then the room walkway is 27" stepping down in 6" drops to 8" for the front row and then to ground level. The front row of recliner seating for 3 as recommended with 4...
Hi all, thanks for all of the feedback so far, it is helping a lot. Good point on the AC and something I will definitely keep in mind, fortunately I live in San Diego so temperatures are much easier to manage than many other places in the country. Thanks for the sketches with moving things around. Unfortunately the bar has to be where i have it as it serves as an indoor and outdoor bar to the pool area, the windows to the outside will be fold-away screen windows that...