or Connect

Posts by griffindodd

Hmmm ok well at this point I wonder which way to go.... 6200+panamorph lens- 2000:1 contrast ratio, true 725 lumen and a 16:9 made up of 1024x768 PLV-Z2- 1300:1 contrast, true 625 lumen with 16:9 made of 1280x720 Mitsu HC3 - 500:1 contrast true 1025 lumen with 16:9 made of 960x585ish I'm going to use powerstrip to convrt the HTPC to 16:9 and use it like that all the time so a panamorph would be essential for the 6200. 6200 with morph seems to have the best...
Hmm high power ok I'll remember that, I must admit I am concerned about the issues I have seen posted with the Z2 although the iris feature does make it sound attractive , not sure what to make of the dust color blobs and banding issues I have read about. Does the PL500 suffer from the same problems? I'm also going to be sitting reasonably close to the screen (about 12 feet from a 90" picture) and I have read that the screendoor is much less noticable on the PL500 than...
LOL thanks fo rthe reply - well going blind would be bad eh - he he. Seems that I may be better with a 6200 and invest in a panamorph to get my contrast, lumens and 16:9 at a nice level although I could get a Z2 or a PL500 for less than that - ohhh no - the pain is starting all over again!!!!!!! Are the 6200's really that noisy? I have a PC in th eroom already with fans blowing and that really doesn't bother me too much so doubt one fan in a projector would make a...
Ok I have been researching projectors for close to 6 months now while saving for something nice and I am just about ready to buy having learned as much as I can but I'm getting really frustrated with the ANSI lumens 'fluctuations' from manufacturers. I know I'm going to need a decent amount of brightness as I will sometimes be watching in low ambient light (although other times dark). Now the guys at projectorcentral do an awsome job of bringing us some of the harder...