or Connect

Posts by griffindodd

Yeah that would seem more like it but I have no idea why I have such low transfer rates, all machines are running windows 7, I don't know what other info I can give that would help
Weird, turns out on the laptop N only works with my driver/card when you enable WPA2/EAS and make sure QOS is WMM enabled. Now I'm getting 7+ mb/s woot
Really struggling to get any decent performance out of my Linksys wireless WRT120N router. I have 40mhz mode enabled on it, I have my main media PC connected via ethernet direct to the router. When rying to access/copy files backward and forward to my laptop which had N 'Auto' enabled (no 40mhz only option) I struggle to get file transfers any faster than 2.5 mb/s which seems awful. I have 100% signal in our small apartment no matter which room I am in but these...
Man I am struggling to get a stable 1080p/60 signal to my Optoma HD20 projector from my HK AVS254 without any sparklies. I have broken my cables down into 2 lengths of monoprice... High Speed HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified CL2 Rated (In-Wall Installation) Cable (24AWG) w/ Net Jacket - 15ft (Gold Plated Connectors) with a monoprice active repeater in the middle... HDMI Active Equalizer Extender Repeater - Extend Upto 100FT This seems crazy that I can't get a...
Were you using it as a splitter or a switch?Many people are using this splitter as a switch and are happy with it, but that's not really using it for what it was made to do. A splitter should be able to accurately provide multiple sources with the desired output at the same time not just be used to move a signal between outputs.I like this splitter although it doesn't work ideally, it still dumbs down the common output to the lowest common denominator across all output...
Yep agreed. I ended up keeping the switch and running separate digital audio lines from my components to the HKAVR then using my Harmony remote to handle all the switching which works pretty well.Still the matrix switch seems to have problems with 1080p-in to 1080i-out conversion for me, I have to turn all components coming in to 1080i for it to work as one of my TV's is 1080i only. I'm also seeing overscan problems with the picture from the switch. I send a 1080i picture...
Good suggestion, I have used that in the past for another application, I will give it a try and see what I can get it to do.
After much messing around with the monoprice switch I have managed to get a setup that works for me, but only by avoiding trying to use any kind of surround sound through the switch. I couldn't get it to pass AC3/DTS/DD to my AVR-254 from any of my sources (XBox 360, HTPC or Cable Box) so in the end I just ended up using the switch for video and stereo sound over HDMI to my TV's. I then sent separate digital audio outputs from each source directly to my AVR-254 and use my...
This posts question is... "How can I get the same audio stream to output over both HDMI audio and Optical/Digital out at the same time when they are on separate devices?" I have a mobo with 2 HD sound devices, the Realtek Azalia chip and a NVidia HD Audio device over HDMI. Both can be active in the system at once as separate devices. I am on XP x64, currently using SPDIF pass through on the NVidia HD Audio over HDMI to send audio & 1080p to my HK AVR-254 via a HDMI...
Having problems putting a second monitor on the DVI port with this board. I have a Vizio 47" on the HDMi port and I'm trying to add a Vizio 42" via the DVI port (DVI-HDMI adapter and HDMi 1.3 cable) but I cannot get the computer to recognize the second monitor. If I unplug the 47" on the HDMi port I do get a picture on the monitor plugged into the DVi port, but cannot get them both to show at once, latest drivers are installed from NVidia. In the control panel I have...