or Connect

Posts by griffindodd

Looks like it had something to do with having SPDIF output not checked in the output option. All my sound is running through HDMI but for some reason the channels don't get processed properly unless I choose SPDIF for the output. Strange but problem solved and now thanks to AC3 filter I have solid control over DRC for that late night viewing.
Hi all, I've been messing around with HTPC's for a fair few years now and have always done direct passthru for AC3 and DTS to my amp for processing. I want to use some more controllable features of AC3 filter or FFDShow on my DTS streams but every time I have ever decoded DTS with either of these filters I notice that the sound gets really out of whack. The most obvious thing being the voice/middle channel becomes extremely quiet and overpowered by the other...
I moved this question to the AVR-254 owners thread.
I asked this question in it's own thread, but I think it may be best asked here. I have my computer plugged into my AVR-254 via HDMI outputting 1920x1080/60. AVR goes to my Vizio 47" 120hz display via HDMI. I have noticed a small amount of video lag when using the mouse with the AVR in the loop vs. a direct HDMI connection to the TV. I am wondering if the AVR is processing the video which is what is giving me the slight lag and if so is there any way to stop...
I have my computer plugged into my AVR-254 via HDMI outputting 1920x1080/60. AVR goes to my Vizio 47" 120hz display via HDMI. I have noticed a small amount of video lag when using the mouse with the AVR in the loop vs. a direct HDMI connection to the TV. I am wondering if the AVR is processing the video which is what is giving me the slight lag and if so is there any way to stop it? Usually it wouldn't be a problem, but it's amazing what 50-100ms will do when using a...
I just picked up the Harmon Kardon AVR-254 for a great price from Amazon, in the low end of your price range. Absolutely amazing for the money- LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I'm starting to get that feeling too, I can just transfer my 2 1tb drives to a NAS enclosure and then try a good 802.11n router, hopefully someone does make a router that actually lives up to the hype and can deliver a stable fast connection.
Thanks I will check them both out.
Erm..... I already know the issues and potential problems about HD over wireless, and while I do appreciate helpful advice and information, at the risk of sounding like an ass, this thread is about recommending routers, not whether I should watch HD over wireless. So to get back on subject, does anyone have any direct experience with this kind of hardware, specifically with the ability to mount multiple USB 2.0 drives as NAS storage?
Hi all, Trying to kill a bunch of birds with one stone by mounting my multiple 1tb USB drives on my network as NAS units and having them available over wireless N so I can watch HD on my laptop anywhere in my small apartment. Looking for a unit with features along the lines of the Linksys WRT600N but with a better rep for signal stability and power. Thanks Joel