or Connect

Posts by EvanP

You can't win if you don't play. Here goes nothing!
Well I got the hushbox up and running for the first time last night. I still have the protective paper on it so I don't have the full effect yet but I think it'll look real nice. However I am a bit disappointed in the noise level. I don't hear the high pitched whining fan noise anymore but there is a lot of air turbulence noise. I think the reason is that on the exhaust side of the hushbox, there are two fans that are almost exactly in line with each other. There are...
KennyG, thanks for the info. I will definitely do a search and find the data I need. I figured that I shouldn't orient the fans so they fight each other. I could reverse the fans on the h-box, but then the exhaust fan would be near the bottom. As I'm writing this I'm thinking I might be able to switch the hushbox sides so that the h-box fans line up with the reversed projector fans and so they don't fight each other. I'm out of town now, so I'll have to look when...
Is there other kind of tape besides sticky? Just kidding. Thanks for the info. What are the normal operating temps near the F-drive? Now my hushbox has the intake fan low and the exhaust fan high and they are on the sides of the projector to match the air flow of the side fans. If I reverse the side fans should I reverse the hushbox fans? If I do, then the exhaust will be on the bottom and the intake on top. I don't think that would be a good situation. But if I...
That's exactly how the fans are set up on the hushbox. I don't know if I have doubts, but I have concerns. That's why I want to get a good history of temperature readings. I just need a little direction on where to get a temperature probe and where to take readings.
Kenny G, you said in a previous post that you extended the fan's shroud to seal to the outside of the steel transistor tension clips. How did you do this? I didn't have any time to work on my hushbox this week, but I'm at the point where I want to get some baseline temperature readings. Can someone please comment on my previous post regarding temperature readings, probes and locations? My plan is to get these baseline readings without the hushbox up. I want to...
I've got two Menards in town, along with a Home Depot and Lowes. And I know of a couple of different electrical wholesale places to check too. Thanks for the help.
Where did you get your parts from? I didn't get a chance to get out after work today. I might stop out at lunch time tomorrow at work.
I'm in the process of installing my Whisperflow hushbox for my NEC. It's looking really nice so far. My hushbox will be completely sealed (not airtight; only one hole to let cables in). The hushbox also has two fans, one on each side: one for intake and one for exhaust. Should these fans' directions line up with the projector's side fans' direction? When I speced out the hushbox, I used the original orientation of the projector fans. If I do the 180 to the projector...
Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was looking for. The Panamax products are really nice, but pricey. I saw a couple cheaper on eBay but I think I'm going to first look into the homemade, cheaper route. It's a Home Depot/Lowe's/Menards stop for me after work!