or Connect

Posts by Bob Pariseau

Dan, there is something screwy in your setup. Start with a Reset of the 105 (you can save and restore settings via a USB stick to make this less painful), then double check your physical wiring from end to end to make sure you haven't swapped left and right at some point in the path.--Bob
Sebring1, That's an invalid configuration. You are combining the Subwoofer, which is part of the multi-channel output set with the Dedicated L/R outputs. When Stereo Signal is set to DOWN-MIXED STEREO those two sets of outputs operate independently, and by combining them in this fashion you will get screwy results. The SMALL settings you've made for your main speakers apply to the MULTI-CHANNEL outputs, and will steer bass from them to the Subwoofer. The bass...
Not enough information. Are you using the Dedicated Stereo outputs? Is there any LFE (.1) channel content in what you are playing?If you have Stereo Signal set to DOWN-MIXED STEREO, then any LFE (.1) channel content is discarded as part of creating the down-mix for the Dedicated Stereo L/R outputs. This is by design to avoid having to apply the substantial down-mix attenuation needed if LFE content were mixed into those. Of course if you are playing stereo content,...
I think the most likely reason is that your FLAC has the left and right channel content reversed.Try testing again with a calibration disc.I've tested with the special click track in the Audio Tests disc of the Avia Pro SD-DVD set and the distance adjustments are happening the right way around.--Bob
With ALL speakers set to Large, Crossover processing is bypassed completely and this bug does not exist. Any content in the .1 channel goes to the Subwoofer without regard to whatever setting happens to be selected for the Crossover frequency.As for the bug itself, it can be demonstrated quite easily using the 5.1 LPCM test track from AIX Audio Calibration, Blu-ray. The Subwoofer test signal on that track is particularly good for demonstrating this because it...
As long as were are talking long-standing bugs with Analog output, I might as well re-mention my other fav. The Crossover setting incorrectly attenuates high frequency bass from LFE content. That is, if you have a Crossover set to 40Hz, the LFE content sent to the Sub is rolled off above 40Hz. LFE runs up to 120Hz, although the meat of LFE is found in the 40-80Hz range (with additional energy below 40Hz in some tracks that's more felt than heard). So with a typical...
It's a bug because with Stereo Signal set to DOWN-MIXED STEREO the Dedicated L/R outputs are supposed to be INDEPENDENT of the multi-channel outputs.You are assuming people are using the same speakers connected for both types of wiring. As a counter example, consider using the Dedicated L/R outputs to drive an external Headphones amp.If you are using stereo speakers that are NOT equidistant, and want to correct that via Analog output from the OPPO, then you can use stereo...
^ Yes, that's a known bug. I've been pushing for a fix on that one for quite some time. --Bob
^ The same concepts apply: Set Video Output Configurations to allow for either 1080p/24 or 1080p/60 or THROUGH output to your display from your main source device. It's OK to set the source device to send 1080p/24 all the time when it is playing 1080p/24 content -- the Anthem can convert that to 1080p/60 output if you find you don't want to send 1080p/24 to your Display. Once you find the combos you are using most of the time, you can bake those into Setup > Source...
Yes, if there's a problem it is likely fixable in firmware. (Most of the stuff in the firmware has to do with the operation of the MediaTek processor.)As I said in the post above, this distance adjustment processing SHOULD be straightforward, stream buffer bookkeeping -- nothing complicated in the way of math or other fancy algorithms. The clocking of digital audio data into the DACs is not subject to jitter.I do not hear a problem here, but if you have a reproducible...