or Connect

Posts by Bob Pariseau

Sure, the Crossover processing in the player and in the AVR are unlikely to be *IDENTICAL*. Now that doesn't mean processing in the player will sound better, just that there will likely be SOME difference.It is possible your AVR provides more flexibility in setting the Crossovers. It is also possible that the processing set up by MCACC is screwing up. The only way to know for sure is to make your own comparison.The key is that Crossover processing should only be...
^ If you are trying to use SMB sharing from the Mac Mini, the problem is the current Mac implementation of that is not compatible. Here's an item from the OPPO Knowledge Base on this: http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=32 I don't recall seeing any reports as to whether this workaround sill works with Mac OS X 10.9 and later. Another solution is to set up a DLNA server on the Mac Mini. You can "pull" files from the DLNA server using the media files...
^ No it has not been disabled. The usual reason would be that your Display is telling the player it can not accept Deep Color. This could be do to some settings combination in the Display. If the Display says it won't accept it during the handshake the then OPPO reverts to "normal" 24-bit. Check the owner's thread for your Kuro to see if there are known settings that inhibit Deep Color input. Also check with explicit 1080p output from the 93 instead of Source...
^ If you only have 1 Subwoofer, you can correct your speaker distances after doing the ARC setup, without needing to redo that. ARC only hears one speaker at a time, so its Measurement and Calculation are not affected by distance setting errors. (With more than 1 Sub you need to get Sub Phase adjusted for each Sub *PRIOR* to ARC Measurement, and since Sub Phase is a function of relative speaker distances, that means you need to set those first as well.) --Bob
It did not sound to me like your problem was due to order of power on, but the usual recommendation for HDMI is to power on devices in the reverse order of the signal flow -- allowing each to boot up before moving on to the next.Often it is simply more convenient to just force a new HDMI handshake if a problem arises. For example switch input and back on the OPPO, or on your AVR, or on your Display. Or use the Resolution button on the OPPO remote to change to 1080i and...
^ If the Harmony timing problem is only happening at power up, try setting Quick Start in Setup > Device Setup. --Bob
Yes, Darbee processing is applied to all video content including Netflix and DLNA streamed content, however the Internet apps (like Netflix) seize control of the user interface and won't let you get to the Darbee settings. So you need to establish the Darbee settings you want and then launch Netflix.You can enable a Demo Mode in Darbee (swipe screen or split screen) to prove to yourself that Darbee truly is functioning in such cases.As for your issue with the Harmony,...
The firmware on the USB stick is validated before the install, so it is unlikely you got a bad copy installed.You won't be able to do a network update to redo the install, but of course you can download a fresh copy to your USB stick and redo it that way.I'm not quite sure of the sequence of events you are reporting, but it sounds like you had a player crash. This might have been due to a wall power glitch or something happening over the HDMI from the cable box.To get a...
The Motorola boxes used by Comcast can output straight HDMI 480i for SD channels. And a good thing too, as their de-interlaced 480p output is pretty bad. And even worse if you let them upscale. That said the quality of the 480i Comcast delivers for many SD channels is truly dreadful before it even gets to your box. The difference between their best and worst SD channels is astounding. --Bob
Don't sweat it. The 70-100 number is conservative. And obviously it also depends on the content you play (mix of very soft and very loud passages for example).--Bob