or Connect

Posts by Bob Pariseau

A solid green screen -- no video showing through the green -- indicates a copy protection failure. The HDMI handshake is not satisfied that copy protection is working. Most cable TV channels are NOT copy protected, so a key test for this is whether it is only happening on premium channels.A screen that shows normal video, except that it is tinted Ghastly Green, indicates a failure of the HDMI devices to agree whether the data format in use on the cable is RGB or YCbCr. ...
I think you may still not have a handle on this. When using the multi-channel Analog outputs of the player, the Sub output needs to be boosted, external to the player, to match the level of the other output jacks. I'll forego getting into the technical reasons for this, but it's all standard stuff. It can just be confusing if you are not used to configuring Analog setups.The amount of Subwoofer boost needed is either +10dB or +15dB depending on the Analog Speaker...
You two need to update your firmware. A recent firmware change added the ability of the Auto Play function to control video discs as well (such as DVD). Set Auto Play OFF and the disc will load but not start playing until you hit the Play button.Check Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information. Your Main firmware version should end "0218". You can update firmware over the network, or by downloading the firmware onto a USB stick from the OPPO support page for install...
I suspect you are not waiting long enough for the player to finish booting up. Try using Quick Start instead of Energy Efficient since that eliminates a number of steps in the boot up process.To check this, remove the discrete Netflix command from your power up sequence and make it a separate action. Power up and wait a while, then do the separate action and see if that works. If so, you can experiment with the amount of pause needed before you issue the discrete...
There's not a simple answer to that. I use RGB out of my D2v and it works just fine, so it's not as if the D2v can't do RGB at all. However in the world of HDMI there's a question as to just how far one device should go in its programming to adjust to quirks in other devices. Anthem has done of a ton of adjustments like that over time.My suspicion is that there is some combo of settings in the Pany which is screwing up its HDMI handshake timing, particularly for RGB,...
Odds are the thing you are connecting to just isn't happy with an HDMI RGB handshake. Since Auto is also giving you problems it sounds like the response timing from the thing you are connecting to is slowTry testing RGB at 480p output. 480p (not 480i) is the "simplest" HDMI signal. If that works, start going up in output resolution until you find where it doesn't work. Although cables and mechanical fit of plugs in sockets can cause handshake issues, just as many are...
^ Back when Deep Color first came out, it was common for devices to accept it only if the signal was 1080p/24 or less. I.e., it wouldn't work with them for 1080p/60 because they couldn't handle the signal bandwidth. That may be another avenue to explore. The Home Menu display on the 93 will be 1080p/60 output for example. The Integra may only be able to "pass through" Deep Color -- i.e., you need to disable its internal video processing to get Deep Color through it to...
^ OPPO has reasonably priced flat-rate service for non-warranty repairs. Your best bet may be to simply let them fix it for you. --Bob
^ Don't most people with DVRs leave them ON all the time anyway? That's the only way it can record stuff when you are not there. --Bob
^ I'll be surprised if it does work for the reasons already posted above, but it sounds like it's worth a try. --Bo