or Connect

Posts by Jake Sm

THE 68 SERIES USES A VERY MINIMALIST CROSSOVER AS WELL AND HAS DONE MUCH TO BRACE AND ADD THICKNESS TO THE CABINET, SO I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE. THE OTHER THING TO POINT OUT IS THAT THE 68 SERIES USES PHASE PLUGS WITH VERY TIGHT TOLERANCES, THAT IS DIFFERANT THAN THE DUST CAP ON THE CM'S.
No, the CM's were designed later but with a nod towards the 800 series, of course the same can be said of the Sixty"8" series.
Well , even if you profess that money isn't the real issue, if you don't listen comparitively, then I can almost garauntee you that the constant "proclaimed" value message or the "discount" salesmanship and all the dollar talk in the post makes me think that you will buy based on "perceived" value rather than picking the one that is truely a better choice for your ears personally.
Take the 705's off the list, the only thing they do (marginally) better than the CM1's is bass, but not well enough so that you still wouldn't want a sub......the 683's are a better "music" speaker than the 684's and may also pause the desire for a sub , but you could make an arguement for stepping up to the CM1's, with a sub, but then the question would be how picky about bass musicality and integration are you when picking a sub?
PLEAAAAASE don't feed the monkey!!!
RA1062 & 683's
"Consideration" is afforded by many amatuer reviewers, as well , for special treatment. Welcome to stealth advertising.I'm sorry, but that seems like the regurgitated pablum that passes for fact around here. There is some truth in most bias and generalizations, AND I too see those nuggets in what you are saying because those descriptions function, semi-well , as gross generalizations that add to the net parrots vocabulary.He was asking about drawing graphs , which is a bit...
While a good idea for us, it might just be TMI for him....I wonder if he wants all the DIYers and other IDs to know everything about his designs??
.....and/or computer modeling.....
Call all dealers you can and see if any are sitting on an older unit and willing to deal and ship.