or Connect

Posts by Jake Sm

Do you want to hear them before you buy them? Compare them alongside of others.
ccm817/818
Shipping this month.
How about the phrase "based on my experiance and observations"?
If lowest freq and highest output is less of a concern than music and ability to blend with satelittes, then I suggest a direct listening comparison.
Even the 5's might fit the bill, and the 5LCR's if height isn't an issue....or look at three-ways that are taller ....HMT61's(?)...none of these are that expensive.
My thoughts would be : Too low and better in vertical orientation.Much of the discussion has shifted to the regular B&W owners thread.Try repositioning and play with the port plugs....yes they do have bass, I'd guess as a response to wanting to appeal to four possible scenarios: Systems with no subs... Systems with low power receivers.... Systems for HT... Systems for music with impact.
B&W CT customs of course....the theater we did with them turned out spectacularly.
While I am not a person who hawks expensive cables, and I believe in simple utility, I also believe that we may not be able to measure everything we can hear with respect to audio, and while I believe that this may evidence itself more in terms of complex component differances , as opposed to simple cable , I don't know that we yet know everything to test for, and it could be that simple electrical tests on wire/cable could be , well, too simple. That being said, I do...
Add the Pioneers